Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Invisi Kit Fitting Advice Wanted.
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

If anyone has fitted a Invisi frame kit I’d really appreciate your help / advice on how to do it, pitfalls and any tips, I’ve got a new Matt Carbon frame to do & don’t want to spoil the bike making a hash of it, finger prints peeling edges etc.

Cheers
    Mark

66deg
    Free Member

Things i would try second time around would be to wear latex gloves ,use plenty of soapy water(baby shampoo if i remember correctly.)
    Where two pieces have to line up get them both on before applying heat.
    Make sure bike is spotless before starting.
    Take your time with the hair drier.

STATO
    Free Member

Strip the bike down to the frame, cables especially are things you want out the way. Do it somewhere warm, kitchen ideally and use a workstand to hold the frame. Take your time. Take 2 nights if required. The finish is very good and kit is quite expensive so you deserve it to yourself to do it properly. Soap fingers before handling strips prevents sticking to your hands. When using the squeegee start in the centre and work out, use lots of soapy water on top to help it slide. When working with big sections LOTS of soapy water on bits your not working on, lets you lay it down temporarily and still pull it back off to set properly once you get that far.

STATO
    Free Member

Have to say i didnt use any heat, just time and the squeegee to pull the tape to shape. This was on hardtails tho but on the chainstays and curved tubes it worked well.

Stevelol
    Free Member

This is all the help you need, mine went on perfect first time and I usually make a hash of fiddly jobs.

factoryjackson.com/2013/04/24/review-invisi-frame-bike-protection/#.VH4pA45FCv0

julzm
    Free Member

I’ve fitted three invisiframe full kits this year and my tips would be as follows:
    – don’t wear gloves BUT DO keep your fingers very clean and wet
    – use a fine spray, doesn’t necessary need to be soapy water (I use a spray I got for fitting phone screen protectors)
    – use lots of water on both sides of the strip being fitted (inside water helps you to get right position on the bike, outside water means the squeegee doesn’t mark the finish)
    – remove all cables, wheels etc and put the bike in the stand
    – mark off each part as you put it on the bike
    – ensure you understand how each bit buts up to the next bit, some strips require a more precise fit than others as they have another bit very close to them, e.g. Head tube, rear triangle etc
    – I didn’t use a hairdryer, I just made sure I got every bubble and drop of water out with the squeegee and left for 24hrs to dry out. All three frames looked perfect after a few hours
    – take your time, don’t rush it.
    – when working out the spray from underneath the strip, start with the squeeze from the very middle of the strip and then work outwards.

I’ve also fitted similar kits to motorbikes and helmets. It does take a bit of patience and good light but is worth it for the finish and the protection on offer. Good luck. The effort is worth it.

julzm
    Free Member

Should have also said….
    My last one was a Matt kit. It looks opaque on the bike until it dries fully, don’t panic it does dry out and look perfect. Mine is black satin finish (new SC) but Invisiframe recommended the Matt and it’s fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Invisi Kit Fitting Advice Wanted.’ is closed to new replies.