Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Invisframe – worth it?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve always been someone who lets their bike look used – just got a new frame and considering it – but at the same time can’t see the point.

Is it really worth it?

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m also not usually fussy about how my bikes look, but got it for my last frame and I’ve been pleased I did.

I did a write-up the other week…
    http://unduro.co.uk/mtb/review-invisiframe-protection-kit/

🙂

batman11
    Free Member

At the end of the day of your happy it looking used no! but if your looking to keep it smart and help keep the resale value up a bit on its a good product.
    Just had my ltd colour one sent off and done to keep it in good condition but then it’s one of 500 world wide so for me it was worth it.
    In the main though I use helitape on the top and downtime just to minimise scuffs from legs and stuff flying up.
    Bats.

z1ppy

I believe so, I look at all my old frames that I’ve just used, and boy do they look used.. faded, scuffed & scratched… they were once my pride and joy that I’d spent lots of money to buy.
    So my latest frame, a reasonably expensive unit, with a ‘flash-ish’ paint job I got covered by Lee from Invisiframe.. and have to say it brilliant, not just the quality of the tape but the quality of the covering is immense. You really need to see a kit fitted, it’s not just a bit of helitape cut to fit, it’s a really well finished (corners/curves) a properly professional looking job.
    I know during the build we’d have left at least two big scratches on the frame (..I’m not a shop mechanic..) and since then, the area is covered in brambles, so normally I’d expect this to kill the frame paint work by a million cuts (even did it to a previous anodised frame), let alone the normal wear and tear of actually using a mtb. So three months on.. and yes I’m extremely impressed, and would throughly recommend it.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’ve not got a gloss finish so wondering if it would stick OK and whether it would look wierd as it would turn it into a gloss finish.

chakaping
    Free Member

it comes in matte finish too

dirtydog
    Free Member

If you’ve got time on your hands you could do it yourself but expect it to take a day or more to make templates then cut out and apply, much quicker second time around though once you have the templates.

Not a bad price really if you take into account it’s going to cost around twenty quid for enough 3M tape and a day or more to make and fit.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Yes

batman11
    Free Member

No buddy I’d get a Matt finished kit

hopeimakeit
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a matte kit and fitted it to my new matte steath nomad ,and very happy ,excellent product and why would you not protect a near £3k frame anyway

zero-cool
    Free Member

It’s great stuff. Although we found out last week that the gloss finish is easier to use and gives a better finish than the Matt stuff. Had it on a few bikes and reckon it is worth the cost (not that much when you compare it to your 3-5k carbon or alu pride and joy).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Invisframe – worth it?’ is closed to new replies.