Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Invisframe or helitape?
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

I’m considering one of those pre cut invisframe kits, but the only trouble is that the bike is complete and dont want to waste money on a kit that needs the bike to be taken apart to fit correctly.

Anyone tried fitting a kit on a FS built up bike?

Alterative is just to buy a shed load of helitape and cut it to the points that might take a hit.

Trimix
    Free Member

You don’t need to take your bike apart to fit Invisiframe.

Trimix
    Free Member

I fitted it to my YT Capra – took some time as you need to be careful and work with a degree of care, but there is no need to take the bike apart. I didn’t even take the wheels off.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Ahh thanks – I thought that might be the case! It will be on the YT Jeffsy so will assign some hours to it!

bgascoyne
    Free Member

I just did my YT Capra with heli tape – much cheaper than the pre cut kit. It did some faffing around to make templates and cut etc etc. Prob about 4/5 hours. I did pretty detailed job though. Looks ok, if I do say so. Depends on how much time you want to assign to the task vs money. Either way its def worth doing!

andysredmini
    Free Member

Just go for an invisiframe kit. Heli tape quality is hit and miss (get 3m) and always looks like a bodge. The invisiframe kits are a perfect fit and the joints end up looking like a feature rather than badly cut ends of a piece of sellotape.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

Invisiframe all the way!

got a kit for my hightower and set aside a full Friday evening, put some beers in the fridge and stick some music on and away you go. Take it slow and have a break in the middle. should take about 4 hours.

I found it a lot easier to drop the wheels out and cut the cable ties holding the brake lines on to give some space, all in all very easy and rewarding…+ it came in handy that weekend as i got a rock strike on my top tube!

zero-cool
    Free Member

Go Invisiframe if they do a kit for your bike. The GF has had 2 kits for her last bikes and they’re a doddle to fix, long lasting and tidy looking. By comparison I went cheap with 3M helitape and cut mine to fit myself and it was a complete ball ache, took ages and didn’t look half as good.

Next time I’ll be getting a kit from them for sure.

Invisiframe did mine and still looks good after 2 half years .
    Worth it as long as it’s not a cheap frame v cost of kit .

Alex

Agree with above. It’s SO much better than Heli-Tape in terms of how it looks and how well it sticks. Although I’m pretty cack handed so some of it might be user error. My Aeris has taken a few beatings saved by Helitape and its still in really good nick 4000km on. And Lee @ invisitape is a top fella, he’s making a kit for my flare max and sorting it out in double quick time.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Invisframe it is, will order tonight.

fathomer

As Alex says, Lee is mega helpful, I’ve been mailing today and getting replies really quickly. I’ve found out today, to my surprise, they’ll sell you individual parts for bits you’ve wrecked in crashes 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Invisframe or helitape?’ is closed to new replies.