• This topic has 30 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Invisframe fitting
  • z1ppy

Anyone offer this as a service? I sure there used to be ppl that did this (maybe not specific to invis-frame)

I’m rubbish at this kind of thing, can’t even get my phone screen one on straight or free of bubbles. Called the local shop that’s on the invis site and they basically said, no. As it’d be at work shop rates & didn’t think ppl would pay that…

stevied
    Free Member

Invisiframe did offer a fitting service IIRC. You just send them your frame, they apply the kit and send back.

z1ppy

I have dropped them an email asking if they did, but waiting was never one of my strong points. <drums fingers>… only another 4 wks (min) before my frame arrives…

stevied
    Free Member

If they do it, why not get your frame shipped direct to them? Would save some money..

Gotama
    Free Member

Zippy – Missed the end of your last thread, which frame did you get in the end?

z1ppy

Sounds like Invis frame might not be that far from where I live.. so a round trip might be possible (awaiting reply)

Keeping that quiet till it arrives Gotama, sorry but should be pretty obvious from the final options (on the thread) & a march delivery.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

,Yes, Invisiframe do fit the kits as well.
    I’ve just had my new bike done as there’s no way I’d do it myself!
    He designs, cuts & fits them all himself & he’s a perfectionist.
    Very local to me & a really nice bloke too.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I did it myself, but bought the kit from Invisiframe. It was fairly simple to do, but you need patience and a warm garage!

Also, if you go down the DIY route, make sure you read the instructions, and remove any rubber guards on the frame before you try and fit the kit 🙂

z1ppy

It was fairly simple to do, but you need patience and a warm garage!

Mmmm got neither of those… GoldenWonder, how much?

PS: For anyone trying to get in touch with him, he list his email as info@invisiframe.co.uk

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Worth checking your spam. My first emails from him went to my spam folder.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Hes a friend & I know him through the trade so..
    I THINK it’s £90 fitted if he’s already got the design for it or £60 supply only.
    Worth more than £30 to me to make sure it’s on neatly

danbo
    Free Member

Took me a couple of hrs to do mine. Worth the effort though.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I fitted a kit to my Spectral a couple of weeks ago, was easy enough to get on without bubbles, just use plenty of water/soap (read instructions) do it in the house if you can as it’s warm and take your time. I Thought it would be more difficult than it turned out to be.

mboy
    Free Member

Ask them for a price for 2 identical frames mate…

Will most likely want mine done too…

j3ffo
    Free Member

Did mine too. Took a couple of hours, followed the instructions. Pretty easy TBH and no bubbles. Looks great and definately worth the money IMO

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I’d happily have paid the £30 to fit it. The problem was getting the bike to him to fit the kit! Unless you’re local, or are very cash rich and time poor it doesn’t make sense.

If you do it indoors then you can probably do it in a few hours. Took me about 4 hours over 3 nights in a cold garage. I was lucky to have a heat gun loaned to me by a neighbour too!

z1ppy

I live reasonably locally (don’t a have an address yet), so will take a drive with mine and Mboys frames.. Lee’s quoted a very reasonable price.

gfrew88
    Free Member

I’ve just spoke to invisiframe today, they do provide a fitting service but at the moment they have a 2-3 week lead time

z1ppy

eek he didn’t mention that, but then I have no definite delivery date as of yet.

Cheers for the headsup

gfrew88
    Free Member

anyone know what the matte finish is like?

waiting on my tallboy Ltc in black/yellow not sure what finish to go for. I done my solo in gloss but i thought the matte might be better for a (mainly) black frame.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Matte finish on both a specialized stumpy carbon & a whyte 129 s that I did recently was excellent you could not see the kit fitted onto the frame . Matte black and grey finishes respectively.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

We sell & fit kits, but it is mainly if they getting a new frame/builds from us so there a bit of a discount on the labour.
    Sold a few crank & fork kits.

Well worth it IMO, I do hate cable/heal rub etc. so much so I often fit their dots to customers bikes.
    It’s not to bad to fit it just a bit of time and patience.

MrGFisher
    Free Member

Lee’s done a few of my frames and forks recently. IMO its worth having him fit the kit if you are anywhere near him as he works with the stuff daily and its a much nicer finish.

I do know he’s absolutely maxed out at the moment and if its not a frame he’s done before you will need to wait for him to have a spare design slot, so there may be a wait.

Gfrew, I had the matte on a carbon mojo HD and I could barely see it.

Oh, and as others have said he’s a really nice chap!

benpinnick

Its pretty easy if you follow the instructions. Ive done loads now and never had a bad one. Admittedly its gone from 2 hours to 40 minutes over the year or so Ive been doing them, but never had a rubbish one.

thorpie
    Free Member

I was scared to fit a kit myself but if you follow the instructions, take your time and, if possible, do it in the house, it was easy! No bubbles and looks great.

felixdamouse
    Free Member

Good luck if your frames white… Your gonna need it. White frames are night are for seeing bubbles

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

z1ppy have you booked yours in yet, assuming these arrive on the 12th I guess its worth getting it booked asap?
    Been pricing up cost of getting mine to him and so far courier is £80 each way insured, so not really practical. Only option is to wait till a kit is available, I guess kit will be from your frame!

beano68
    Free Member

Just done mine yesterday and it’s a doddle WHEN you use a hairdryer !

z1ppy

£80 each way! Ye gods, shirley there must be cheaper options? (Though i undersyand after waiting so long, youd want a quality/insured service)
    I did enquirer about booking a date, but I’m close enough to drive, so with the delivery date being ‘flexible’ they’ve said just get it to them ASAP & they’ll get onto it as soon as they can… How long that will actually be, I’ve no idea

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

It’s the insurance that pushes the cost up considerably, the actual carriage charge is pretty cheap.
    Is your plan to get it over to him pretty much as soon as it arrives?

z1ppy

Yep, as soon as their in the shop, I’ll ring invisframe & get it over ASAP.. So a template will be available directly :mrgreen:

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Invisframe fitting’ is closed to new replies.