Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Investment company seem to have lost my account details
  • mudshark
    Free Member

I invested some money in some funds of one of the larger unit trust providers years ago. I moved house a few years ago and did tell them of my change of address but seems they didn’t record the change for whatever reason. I’ve been trying to talk to them about my account but they say they can’t find my details – not helped by them changing account numbers for me reason since I last heard from them. All seems very odd but could someone have fraudulently got hold of my money? If so could I lose out? But surely they’d still have my details somewhere? Anyone know about these things?

teef
    Free Member

could I lose out

Of course you’re going to lose out – you put your money in the hands of the financial industry.

j_me
    Free Member

What firm? Not Grab Steale & Pinchit by any chance?

alpin
    Free Member

and you think you’ve got problems…..

have some sympathy for this poor soul….

Hobster
    Free Member

If you have an old statement from them copy it and send it to them with a letter explaining the situation. Might be worth sending this recorded delivery.

All correspondence should be dealt with relative to their compliance policy so should get a reply within a stated timeframe.

mudshark
    Free Member

I phoned them up earlier and was told that some accounts were now handled by Halifax’s service so I rang them but they didn’t know about me either! Kind lady said she’d look into it and get back to me so we’ll see.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Investment company seem to have lost my account details’ is closed to new replies.