• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mc.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Inverness to Aberdeen route suggestions
  • mc
    Free Member

As per title, it’s looking like I’ll be needing a cyclable route from Inverness to Aberdeen, as part of a company event to cycle between all our workshops.

I’ve had a quick look at maps, but nothing stands out as being an easier/better/shorter option, so am hoping for some local knowledge for suggestions.
    Mix of on and off road would be preferable.

scotroutes

How many days and what types of bikes. Inverness to Aviemore is possible off-road. From there to Tomintoul also off-road. Loch Builg route to Deeside and then the Deeside Way.

dragon
    Free Member

There is the Sustrians route also look at the Ride the North which has GPX downloads. I’ve done neither so unfortunately can’t advise on which is better.

scotroutes

I’ve supported and signed Ride the North the past two years so might able to offer advice on those road options too. They take two days and have stopped overnight in Elgin. FWIW this year it’s Rhynie to Inverness and back again. That should see me home a bit earlier on Sunday evening 🙂

mc
    Free Member

Days?
    The person planning this has allowed one day, but there’ll be two possibly three people doing different sections.

Having had a look at the Sustrans map, my initial thought was route 7 (essentially follows A9) to Aviemore, then something off-road to Ballater to pick up route 195 (Deeside Way).
    On road via Grantown-on-Spey and Tomintoul can always be a backup plan, but if I’m going to be cycling on company time, I’d prefer something off-road!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Inverness to Aberdeen route suggestions’ is closed to new replies.