Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Invent me some people.
  • Fortunateson09
    Free Member

This should be fun.

For my 1st year architecture project I have to design a house for 3 clients I have invented – I have to create (Illustrated) profiles for my 3 people and say how their requirements are going to affect the architecture.

So come on, help me invent some exciting characters.

I love being a student…

Pook

How about somebody with a disability that affects their access but they still want a stylish house?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i must be able to ride from the roof in to the garden and ride the trails. also i have always wanted a pole to slide down from my bed room to my garage. must have storage for at least 12 bikes. and i like spiral stair cases!

finbar
    Free Member

An old woman with 10 cats.

geoffj

blind black lesbian wheelchair user – cover all bases in one go;

or a cyclist – storage and fettling space.

skidartist
    Free Member

An enthusiastic but flawed entrepreneur, his weary brother and their uncle, who sank with every ship he sailed on during the war. It has to have a cocktail bar.

belgianbob

I'm partially sighted and have Reynaud's syndrome. I live with my mother who has dementia, but is not physically impaired. Build us a house, please.

belgianbob

@skidartist: does it have to be on the 22nd floor?

Pook

I'm one of the construction workers from Fraggle Rock. I want lots of plastic scaffolding and underground tunnels.

atlaz
    Free Member

And it needs to be resistant to gigantic floppy haired bastards?

kimbers

how about 3 mountainbikers

1) daily mail reader, rightwing, hates all immigrants, votes UKIP in europe cant wait for cameron to get in power, eats too much red meat steak etc so needs a well proportioned bathroom as thats where they spend a lot of time
    needs storage space for several bikes including an fsr, spends too much time on internet forums and watching top gear on the 50"plasma

2) guardian reader, green party member, has picture of george w on his dartboard, requires storage for several bikes including single speed rigid 29er- natch, vegetarian so in and out of the bathroom in a flash but needs a large well vented kitchen to erradiate smell of pulses and hemp seed, receives all media through his macbook

3) dh biker cant be arsed with all those ponses whinging on biking forums just mixes up sessions at the bmx track with uplift days, weed and playstation

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I love you, Kimbers.

ddmonkey

How about a secret agent called Quantities, Copius Quantites. He can masquerade as a Quantity Surveyor in his spare time… or maybe not.

Pigface
    Free Member

How about a couple one of whom is over 7ft and one who is under 5ft.

I work with a girl who is 4ft 11 and is so drop dead gorgeous it is untrue.

jon1973
    Free Member

A deaf, dumb and blind kid that likes pinball.

skidartist
    Free Member

does it have to be on the 22nd floor?

cushty

On a more serious tip (do you want that?)

An older couple with a grown up child with limited social abilities (autism maybe) that need a house that gives the young adult a sense of independent living without being far from their parent's support

Or for more fun…. A guesthouse with one landlord and two tenents. The landlord needs to be able to enter one of the guests rooms unseen, murder them and then move corpse from the guest room to the dinner plate with out passing through any spaces where the other guest will see them. The remaining guest has to eat the victim (who has to be stored and processed in secret without suspecting a thing) In the meantime the first guests room needs to be re-let in time for the remaining guest to be be murdered and eaten in the same manner. Meanwhile you need to deal with the smell and dispose of the inedible bits unseen. Its a double whammy because you also have to work out how to schedule the build of all these elements without any of the contractors guessing what it is you are going to do before you even do it.

You can call your house the The H.H Holmes Home

backhander
    Free Member

Does 2) need extra big plugholes in the bath because he has ridiculous stinking dreadlocks even though he's white?

stonemonkey
    Free Member

I am a work from home businessman, My house needs to be flexible and adaptable to meet my changing requirements. My family is also increasing as I am super fertile , can my office space be easily converted to bedroom or living spaces? and vice versa. Is the method of construction suitable for easy and economic adaption. ( steel frame please) Whats is the economic lifecycle of the properties different layers ( see Brand, S 1994 How buildings learn, "pace layering". How will the building adjust to changes in technology and social changes , increasing work from home, infomation age, incresing costs of energy etc.

djglover
    Free Member

Fred West – needs a big patio

kimbers

2 has dredlocks or ponytail

1 is definately a skinhead

awh
    Free Member

You could choose 3 clients from MTV cribs

Rapper 1's requirements – Games/TV room, garage for 10 cars, swimming pool, security fence, 50 rooms, basketball court…

Rapper 2's requirements – Games/TV room, garage for 10 cars, swimming pool, security fence, 50 rooms, basketball court…

Rapper 3's requirements – Games/TV room, garage …… ok silly idea!

uplink
    Free Member

Noel Edmunds

House needs to be escape proof & capable of spontaneous combustion

skidartist
    Free Member

Noel Edmunds can be guest and meal number 1

backhander
    Free Member

How about 1 with OCD (cleaning), 1 with Tourettes (full blown swearing) and 1 with ADHD.

steve-g
    Free Member

Fritzel fritzel fritzel

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

White cat owning genius seeks hollowed out volcano. Monorail essential.

simonjf63
    Free Member

How about a little girl who lives with a large dog and a mouse on the top floor of a high-rise flat?
    Or a big, stupid looking dog who lives with a cat and has a frog as a next-door neighbour who regularly climbs over the wall on a ladder

Just a thought

iDave
    Free Member

a pyromaniac

a fan of cheese

and max mosely

Hairychested
    Free Member

1 – CaptainFlasheart
    2 – TandemJeremy
    3 – Hora

MTT
    Free Member

Ooooou, I did something like this way back in my first year at Newcastle APL.

Mountain biker, Roady, Trials rider. We had to fit it into a very restrictive box IIRC, the idea wasnt to create a viable solution but to explore the conflicting requirements, to experiment.

Stick a picture on here before your crit and i'll tell you its shit before they do. 😉

triop
    Free Member

Trio of ginger dwarfs 2 males (with sideburns) and 1 incontinent female – must incorporate a catapult for traveling between floors

triop
    Free Member

'Fred West – needs a big patio'
    thought he got let off on account he got his hardcore from lockerbie

jonb
    Free Member

HAs anybody suggested the Athertons yet?

Go with something you know. Don't try and design a house for ferret lovers unless you know something about the subject. A house for bikers is a good idea in my opinion.

backhander
    Free Member

HAs anybody suggested the Athertons yet?

Yeah, Rachaels special backhander anti stalking requirements would be interesting

vdubber67
    Free Member

Kimbers. I'm confused. I'm number 2 but have a skinhead. I may write to the Guardian about it.

😉

Top thread this. On a serious note I'd steer clear of using diabled people as your case studies – not that I have anything against them, it's just that you're going to make your assignment a lot bloody harder when you have to start researching DDA regulations etc etc.

Stick with cyclists I say

🙂

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Invent me some people.’ is closed to new replies.