Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • introductory ski touring weekends scotland tell me about them
  • karnali
    Free Member

Back from a ski holiday in the French alps, same last year, lovely little resport and ideal for the kids to learn in. Prior to this had a break from skiing for about 12 years but ski’d most years before that for about 10 years. Can make my way down all the pistes but style goes as the bumps increase in size. When I was away I went for a short run into the next valley to see the untouched snow coming down from the col joining the two valleys.

This has led me to wanting to give ski touring a go and I thought the obvious place to start and learn the basics will be in Scotland (live in Cumbria) and then hopefully do a day next year later in the season out in the alps if we go again.

So looking for reviews of people who have done an intro ski touring weekend, and if possible any recommendations of individuals or companies to use. Not totally adverse to going out the alps for a long weekend but cost could be the issue. There will be 2 of us.

ta

footflaps

Glenmore lodge would be the place to try.

Main issue, in Scotland, is the unpredictability of the snow, this year was pretty rubbish.

mugsys_m8

Offpiste performance. For Scotland and/or the alps. Most of the aspirant British Mountain Guides will have been coached by Alison at one time or another. As a friend and a client I thoroughly recommend them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘introductory ski touring weekends scotland tell me about them’ is closed to new replies.