Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Introduction to Squash
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

So if two fairly even players are on court it sounds like it’s very difficult to ‘win’ a point, more a case of last man standing? I kind if get that but doesn’t it remove the techincal ‘fun’ of out playing your opponent and delivering a killing shot? Not knocking it just curious how it works.

You can force errors, and play a killer shot occassionally, it’s just that the ball’s bigger and bounces quite high, so that you tend to do a lot of running beween points, and it becomes a very rythmical thing that I find you get a bit lost in which is good. It’s almost a bit tennis like, I find myself playing the ball into the same back corner for 5 or 6 shots on the bounce and then switching quickly to the other side.

It’s a good game if you are of mixed abilities as you do get a chance. With squash if you play someone better than you, it can be demoralising.

I have played both by the way.

butterbean
    Free Member

Whilst it shoes some nice, basic routines to encourage peoples hand-eye-ball co-ordination, for someone wearing a T-shirt that says ‘squash pro’ on it, his technique is appalling, and will give you nothing but bad habits.

Pigface
    Free Member

I play Badminton and used to find squash to gladitorial 😆 I was never great at it but after playing one bloke and it nearly turning into hadbags stuck with Badminton. There is something about being in a concrete box, feels to claustrophobic. Raquetball is just weird couldnt get my head round that at all.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Introduction to Squash’ is closed to new replies.