Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Intrepid Apparel Freemotion Shorts
  • duir
    Free Member

Anyone used them? Sizing? How long are they? Top quality/highly durable so worth the money? Or just a rip off?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I had some. I think I wore them twice as I found them annoying.

The overall shape of them I found good. They come up big though.

Things that annoyed me; the crotch was really low on them, never noticed shorts being caught on before these. The fly cover thing is weird & made the shorts bunch up oddly. The side cinch things are absolutely useless and bulky. If you want to use a belt with them, you can’t and they have put belt loops on the short but not one in the middle of the back, so, again, it’s pointless.

If they sorted the above out, they would be a really good short IMO. There are a lot better options out there for £85 IMO 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I have these shorts. I got them in the sale for 50 quid I think, and I’ve got to say they are really good. they’ve held up very well to regular DH / park trips , wash well (i.edon’t go to sh*t after after a 40c wash) and have some great pockets (lift card pocket) little carabiner for keys in one etc.

I think the length is great as you have them a little higher on the waist (so not low crotch as described above) and fit well with bulky pads.

but yeah the plastic buckles are pointless, and the embroided logo is a little trashy IMHO and the customer service was very brusk, can one say!

toons
    Free Member

Forget that I’ve got the Campaign Shorts!
    Sorry

honourablegeorge

+1 to everything Hob Nob said – sizing is off, way to big for their given inch measurement, even with the (annoying) side adjusters clamped all the way down.

I Found the crotch low too, although maybe that’s due to the loose waist

Thought the material and quality were first class, but they’ve ended up never being work as a result of the above.

FOG

I got them in a sale and have to agree about low crotch and generous sizing. Mine seem very long because the waist sags however much I wind up the adjusters.I also found customer service a little glacial.

duir
    Free Member

Hmmm maybe not then. Was looking at these as I never seem to find shorts that are long enough, they look long on the Internet and even when stood up but once on the bike they ride right up over the knees.

Didn’t want to pay that much for shorts anyway so back to scanning the internet for bargains!

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve got them and like them. They do indeed wash really well and seem pretty tough.

My only gripe is the buckles on the side which seem a bit useless. Personally I like the length / cut of Intrepid shorts because they’re a bit longer than TLD etc. The sizing is a tad more generous though – my Campaign shorts come up huge.

tomfun

I’ve had a pair for a few months and find them comfortable but the waist adjustment is very poor. I tighten them up and whenever I stop I have to retighten them. They wash fine but I have noticed that there is more signs of wear in the seat after 3 months of wear than there is in my endura which I’ve worn weekly for 2 years.

I bought them on a punt from sportpersuit for about £40, would I pay £85? No chance.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi OP, ive just seen them on sportpursuit

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1074404

35 quid. Loads of other decent shorts on there too

ajantom

Not their shorts, but I had (well still have, but I don’t wear it) a soft shell hooded jacket.

Lovely design, very comfy, and good on and off the bike.

Unfortunately it was really badly made and the stitching started going really soon.

Emails were unanswered/ignored, and it seemed that their after sales service was non-existent.

I’d not buy anything from them again.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The next Vulpine?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Intrepid Apparel Freemotion Shorts’ is closed to new replies.