Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Interview questions….WTF?
  • Rockape63
    Free Member

Just heard on the radio that someone was asked (as part of his interview) to dance, so the panel could evaluate his characteristics to see if he would fit into the company.

Can you imagine? And…..what if they played Wuthering Heights??

So would you do it……or tell em to Shove it?

aidanoggy
    Free Member

I’d tell them to jog on and walk out, it’s definitely a shit thing to do to people desperate for a job

wwaswas

This was Currys too.

I thought their key recruitment questions were;

1) are you under 25
    2) do you have acne
    3) do you know nothing about any electrical item found in a domestic environment

Answer yes to all 3 and the job’s yours.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

That would be this one then

Seems a bit odd but if they think thats what they need from their staff, fair enough.

piemonster

I’d tell them to jog on and walk out, it’s definitely a shit thing to do to people desperate for a job

Plus 1, what are you telling them exactly. That your a performing monkey.

Assuming its true of course.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I don’t see the problem, I mean surely an accountant needs to be able to knock some shapes out.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I would do it if all the panel also got up and danced as well, which obviously they would as that is the type of people that work at Curry’s, courtesy of their careful interviewing process.

piemonster

I’m off to Currys as it goes, I will imagine all staff doing the Brent dance.

amplebrew

Nev by Ample Brew, on Flickr

Can’t dance?!?!?!

OUT, OUT, OUT, OUT, GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!!!!!!

Was it Nev interviewing?

franksinatra

They need to get over themselves, it is a job in Curry’s. Application form, interview, offer. No need for all the **** creative guff.

I would have walked, but then if I was desperate for a job…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If the job was in somewhere like this fair question, if not the interviewer read something on the internet when searching for Cool Interview Techniques because I’m a sad middle manager with no real skills

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’d ask back “Ballet, modern, disco or ballroom?”

glupton1976
    Free Member

Unless one of the interview panel was hot as hell and you fancied molesting them the only suitable response would be to get cracking with the gay gordon.

benji
    Free Member

Been given a jigsaw with a piece missing in one interview. Never been asked to dance, and would give them a rendition of my best dancing, probably involving kicking tables over.

irc

“Ballrooms’s my thing, which one of you guys on the panel will be the woman?”

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

I’d give em Riverdance—all two hours of it. Then I’d do my knife-throwing party piece while we discussed terms and conditions.
    Human resources … come the revolution you lot are first in the wicker man 👿

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I once got given a mathematical problem in one interview for a scientific position, they passed me some paper to do it on.

I did it in my head, in about 2 seconds flat….consequently… they thought I guessed it. Then I got badgered as to how I did it and finally…I didn’t get the job.

ourmaninthenorth

Wasn’t asked to dance, but I did have to compete a personality test. It turns out I’m pretty poor at completing personality tests….

brakes
    Free Member

“I only dance naked to Pinball Wizard”

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Graduate going for a job in Currys because he loves cameras. Its almost painful how desperate that sounds.

I used to work in Currys when I was at college. I was under 25, had acne and didn’t know the first thing about hoovers.

That said, I was in the warehouse mucking around with the conveyor belt that took stuff upstairs, pallet trucks and helping people put washing machines into the back of Fiestas. Thinking back, riding my bike (Zaskar with purple anodised bits!) up the conveyor belt when it was coming down was brilliant.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Interview questions….WTF?’ is closed to new replies.