Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Interparcel / UPS – bike frames prohibitted items!?
  • tomd
    Free Member

I booked a frame I sold to be posted with Interparcel (they use UPS). I foolishly declared the contents to be a bike frame – I thought there can’t be many things less dangerous than a boxed bike frame.

http://www.interparcel.com/help/prohibited-and-restricted-items.php

They contacted me to say they had to cancel the order as it was prohibitted / dangerous goods. can anyone fathom a reasons for this?

I’ve booked it with another courier but just confused by their prohibitted list. Is it a commercial decision due to too many getting damaged?

wwaswas

Rear shocks again, I reckon.

devash
    Free Member

“Any of these items being sent may result in prosecution, heavy fines and imprisonment.”

Bit harsh just for sending a bike frame?

tomd
    Free Member

Lol I didn’t even see that. Yes I can imagine Interparcel will mount a private criminal prosecution for the heinous act of sending some steel tubing in the post, contrary to the law established in the Interparcel T&Cs.

FFS reading down that list you could go to jail for posting pretty much anything. Even sending things over £250 results in gaol.

pk13

Myhermes are good at losing bike frames.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Doesn’t appear to leave much that they will ship!

tomd
    Free Member

No, there is almost nothing. I wonder if it’s partly to cut down on costs from lost or damaged items. I could have just declared the frame as “sporting goods” but they if they lost or damaged it they would reject the claim. Similarly if you posted a phone (contains Li batteries, excluded) or some speakers (contains magnets, excluded) they could reject it and get you locked up like the criminal that you are.

Edit: some of the exlcuded things are hilarious. It swings between the really vague and then says “Painting to Ukraine”. Bugger.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Damn, where will I go to send my paintings now? 🙁

“Mobile Phone with Sim card / Mobile phone with or without Sim to any Residential address in Turkey”

Is that no mobile phones with sim sent anywhere, or still just to Turkey?

Bankers. Half of it isn’t safety related. Surely just their insurers saying they won’t cover it. Why would that lead to a jail sentence? !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Interparcel / UPS – bike frames prohibitted items!?’ is closed to new replies.