Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • internets bringing us all closer together?
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

had a mate round yesterday to sort my soundcard out, I’m just starting to realise what, and how interesting spotify is! combined with yer facebook people, and typing crap on here. Music is important to m, but it’s grat to link up with other peoples tastes.

The internets is bringing us closer together. people I know can peruse my music choices and I them, If i’m enthusiastic, or pissed off about something, I can announce it to loads of people, who then comment, and get into a discourse. It’s pretty interesting.

are we closer together though? I like Bill Hick’s idea that we are all moving forward to evolve into one conciousness, to move forward, together! I can kill you online, or race you into the ground! all this stuff is good isn’t it??

bassspine
    Free Member

google is all about data, and they are running scared because the next big wave is social. Spotify, Arsebook, Linkedin, ****tter, all the social sites (except myspace obviously 😀 )… it’s all about the social stuff

cynic-al
    Free Member

I can kill you online, or race you into the ground!

I tried tht and it didn’t work.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I understand the more things you sign up for, the more you get profiled and stuff. But overall, all this communication is cool eh.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I understand the more things you sign up for, the more you get profiled and stuff. But overall, all this communication is cool eh.

Not if you get an invite to Internet ‘B’

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I keep forgetting passwords to stuff, so I end up not using most of the things I sign up for.

Write them down? Yeah, but then I forget where I’ve put the bit of paper. I tried using a coded e-document with all me passwords, but then I forgot what code system I’d used. 😳

Kevevs
    Free Member

what’s internet B? maybe I’m just in a good mood tonight?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Internet ‘B’ is the background internet which the original DARPA / ARPA folks started using when the main internet took off. For a long time it was only them, then folks like JANET and CERN needed to operate in the same way so they opened it up a bit then it started to be more widely used, growing like the original. But with far less rubbish. More recently it has reached the tipping point and it is being dumped, open to everyone. Initially on invite only. Don’t worry, the need to know folks are on Internet ‘C’ or probably ‘D’ by now. Ask your Defence contractor mates and your technology research academics. They should be able to invite you, if you can be trusted not to post pictures of crap cats. Incidentally, in comparison, it rocks!

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’ve no idea what to say to that Charlie. That’s quite creative! will they nick my choonz?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

They will tear your soul apart, Kev.

Get on Skypes innit.

Kevevs
    Free Member

what? I am on. slightly scared.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

will they nick my choonz?

No, you can breathe easy

Kevevs
    Free Member

but when I was 7 and my mate was into an adam ant choon I wanted, I had to

a. pick up a huge stupid looking phone to call him up
    b. ask if I can come round to get yer adam ant tune y/n?
    c. get on bmx across town to mates house
    d. knock on door, is he in?
    e. hi mate, oh, that adam ant tune is in the middle of a c90 tdk cassette..
    f. find tune.
    g. connect two tape recorders together to copy adam ant tune.
    h. go away with adam ant tune on fresh tdk c90
    i. ride bmx across town.
    j. have some tea
    k. put newly copied adam ant tape in tape player.
    l. listen to adam ant single!

modern technology is ace, i can pilfer and play my mates choons in a second. Strangely, I felt I had more time to spare when I was a kid even though it was taken up by such stuff. so maybe it cancels out?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Time-space distanciation is highly uneven.

bassspine
    Free Member

only on internet D? get with the program!

CountZero

Is there a darknet browser for the iPhone?

Kevevs
    Free Member

wow, I’m totally behind the times then? how important is yer gadget?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘internets bringing us all closer together?’ is closed to new replies.