Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Internet woes, connection help needed.
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Can anyone give me a few pointers with some connectivity problems? First off I need to say I’m a bit of a Luddite when it comes to these things, as Microsoft slickened things up the need to learn what exactly was going on slipped.
    I’ve a fairly old pc (10yrs+) and a moderately old router(maybe 5 years or so) and a brand new phone. Initially I couldn’t get the phone to sustain a connection, it would recognise the broadband connection but then loose it and go through a authentication routine and eventually the phone would just turn the wifi off all together. Now my pc is loosing the connection, the pc is wired to the router, and a windows box comes up saying there is an IP conflict in the network. Meanwhile my laptop and Ipod have been totally unaffected and the sky download box seems fine too.

Before I retire the pc or purchase/blag a new router is there anything I should try? I’ve went throught the Sony Experia Z2 suggestions for WiFi problems still to no avail.

wwaswas

normally you get this if you’ve (manually) or the router (automatically) assigned the same IP address to two devices on the same network.

I assume you’ve switched it all off and on again?

If you have access to the setup on the router you should be able to manually assign IP addresses to each device to avoid a conflict if it persists. A search for the make/model shoudl give instructions on what to do.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Internet woes, connection help needed.’ is closed to new replies.