Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Internet tomfoolery.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Can anyone help, please?
    Over the last week I’ve been suffering internet problems with pages not opening correctly, slowly or not at all.
    I have sent a couple of replies to threads here and they haven’t arrived…. Grrrr!
    I’ve switched from firefox to Chrome and Chrome is telling me there are server errors.
    Some pages are ok, Singletrack is by far the worst!!! Perhaps it’s a hint.
    What the fudge is going on?
    With Firefox I’m often left with a blank white screen and Chrome tells me server error.

Patience are running out…. 😥

epicyclo

I think it’s ST. It’s the only site I have problems with. (Using Safari)

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Same here with opera mini

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Spain.

Kahurangi

hamsters need feeding/EPO

cullen-bay
    Free Member

google normally gives an error code, what is it?

glenh
    Free Member

it’s not your browser. It’s the amazingly crap servers this website appears to be hosted on.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

singletrackworld runs ridiculously quickly for me… chrome on Ubuntu. If it bothers you so much, try that.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You used the word Fudge as swear avoidance so you and your computer have been slightly banned

donsimon
    Free Member

cullen-bay – Member

google normally gives an error code, what is it?

Two main messages are:
    Server not found or,
    Connection too slow.
    Maybe it’s a Vodafone problem, I’ve just done a speed test and at current location, it’s moble, the speeds are download 65-200kbps and upload 29-280kbps!!!

It’s on a few other sites, so not just the bulemic hamsters.

An interesting point you’ve raised regarding swear filter avoidance WCA between what I’ve written and what you’ve interpreted. Basically the word itself is not offensive, only your interpretation, therefore I have clearly broken the rules and should be banned! :twisted:So technically any word or phrase used to demonstrate some form of emotion, ‘I’m not very happy’, or any adjective ‘it’s bad’, or the intensifier ‘very’, as in it’s very cold’, could and should be considered swear filter avoidance? 😕

deadlydarcy – Member

Spain.

Could be, electricity and running water planned for next year! Not that far from the truth either… 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Internet tomfoolery.’ is closed to new replies.