Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • internet problems
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve said befor that for me chrome sporadically has problems with “reset connection”, it’s now happening all the time on various prowsers (Opera and IE too) making internet almost unusable.

Router & connection are fine if the internet radio is anything to go by, any ideas? I’m about to look into it, but google is the worst affected site 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

I presume you’ve tried disabling Anti-Virus, uninstalling any plug-ins, updating Flash etc?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Use something like CCleaner to get rid of cache/history and what-have-you, then switch computer and router off and on again. Every router I’ve ever had has needed a re-start every once in a while after it started dropping the connection.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Flash is fresh, will look into others, ta, disabling anti-virus sounds risky!..

Why doesn’t this shit just work?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well disabling extensions in IE and ccleaner seems to have helped a bit, ta.

cynic-al
    Free Member

…for about 60 seconds, back to square zero now.

druidh
    Free Member

Anything that gets “in between” your browser and the internet has to be suspect. That will include any extensions (in Chrome, it’s Spanner – Settings – Extensions) you’ve installed plus any AV. If you’ve installed multiple AV over the years, remnants of them might still be interfering and, indeed, tripping over each other.

As always, a clean install of the OS and Apps will tend to sort these out but it’s a step you might not want to take.

Why don’t they always work? It’s because no one else will have installed/uninstalled/modified/updated their system exactly the way that you have over the years. When I worked in IT and we were dealing with thousands of systems, the #1 goal was that they were all maintained exactly the same. That meant we had a very good chance of any tested changes working on all of them.

leffeboy

I’ve said befor that for me chrome sporadically has problems with “reset connection

Funnily enough I’ve had that a bit last week so it’s possible there has been an update that caused a problem (there were a lot of updates this Thursday IIRC). I would either use system restore to roll back to a week ago and see if that fixes it or use reliability and performance ( assuming you are Vista/7) to see if anything was installed or updated in the last few days.

Cougar

Do a malware scan. http://www.malwarebytes.org/

allthepies
    Free Member

Same problem for non-pr0n sites ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

“System restore” you say?

Now it won’t boot up :/

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ah, booted up now, “just” needed 20m to do so :!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Appears to be less fubared than previous so far, ta.

samdulo
    Free Member

Seems like the system might also need cleaning. Get some antivirus. For more on Internet browsers and their updates, check this out
    http://www.ihelpline.com/Internet%20Browsers/I32?3p=1

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘internet problems’ is closed to new replies.