Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Internet price in store?
  • kevster
    Free Member

Need an item urgently for bike ride tomorrow and have checked with bike shop who have said item in stock, however when I asked price they said rrp, however the item is a bit cheaper on their online store, is it wrong to ask for online shop price in store?

druidh
    Free Member

It’s fine to ask, but then they could always tell you just to order it of the internet??? How much are you going to save, and how much inconvenience will it be to you not to have the item?

MarkSS
    Free Member

It’s worked for me in the past. Montane event jacket in an outdoors shop.

Jacket was half price online but still full price in shop.
    Asked if they could do it for the online price and the guy said yes as I would only go home and order it online & he would have to pack it and loose out on the postage…

But if times against you then you’ve probably got no choice.

kevster
    Free Member

Shop in question is nirvana cycles and item is set of pedals.

Dibbs
    Free Member

My LBS will price match internet prices. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Have them tomorrow at rrp or in a couple of days with discount. You can always ask, why not? Price will depend on your need and level of supply, you’re also assuming that the stock used for the web-shop is being held at the physical shop and that they can simply givethem to you. Internet prices are generally lower because the internet stores have lower costs, industrial units out of town as opposed to high street shops.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Internet price in store?’ is closed to new replies.