Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Internet Dongle for 1 month – cheapest?
  • Sui
    Free Member

Hello knowledge,

Can anyone recommend a Dongle dongle/plan that is only a month long. I’m moving house but Virgin can’t be connected for a while and will be stuck (work from home) without Internet, so need a stop-gap.

cheers,
    Sui

Sui
    Free Member

oh, my phone will do it to an extent, but whn i’m not there the missus needs it and shes on PAYG with a 2gb limit on Virgin mobile, also need to be able to plug it into a router!

just5minutes
    Free Member

paying £15 a month for 25gb on EE

davidr

I found 3 to be quite good, although that was on a USB dongle. It might be worth waiting until you move in because if a neighbour is on BT then you’ll be able to sign up for a month’s BT Wifi-X (or whatever they call it now) account – basically you use a connection through their router (although it is firewalled).

Remember that in addition to the per month charge that you would also need to buy hardware (eg a MiFi).

Sui
    Free Member

No Wifi near by unfortunately, and just to complicate matters as well, we’re only going to be at the house temporary until my house is ready (hopefully around 4-5 weeks) it’s the inlaws place and they have no internet (weird).

stumpy01

Have you checked what provider has the best mobile coverage in your area?

I’d use that as a pointer as to what to go for. No point buying a cheap USB dongle deal & finding that the provider has no coverage where you are.

Sui
    Free Member

cheers Folks, all seem to cover, though EE only if you’re in the right bedroom 🙁

Looking to see if it’s worth increasing both phones data allowance and hotspotting.

Sui
    Free Member

Just to update – Virgin Mobiles tariff reverts to a £1 per day flat fee, so i’ll just hotspot the missus’ phone until i’m re-connected, seems best thing to do for a month.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@sui – yes a month isnt worth buying the dongle. I have a veyr good 3 mobile wifi hotspot which allows multiple devices to connect. Its £15 a month but £75 for the device

Can you see any BT wifi’s from neighbours houses ? If so borrow a mates username/id and surf the neighbours wifi (perfectly legal and part of bt contract)
    Sorry just seen above post – no nearby wifi

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Internet Dongle for 1 month – cheapest?’ is closed to new replies.