Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Internet docs required for dubious online diagnosis of shoulder injury
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

Back on Christmas day doing gym ring dips I got a bit of a wobble on and tweaked something in my shoulder. I self diagnosed this as a rotator cuff injury, it’s right on the very top outside of my shoulder on the boney bit. It hurt slightly to the touch and doing any kind of push exercise.

So I laid of the exercise for a few days then started do some pull exercises which didn’t aggrevate it. About 10 days ago it felt fine so I started phasing in light exercises such as press ups with no problems, stepped up to some dumbbell bench presses with a pretty light weight all ok so tried a barbbell bench press and instantly felt pain so stopped immediately.

Anyway the pain feels the same although is fading after a few days but to the touch it has moved now and is about two inches behind the shoulder between the shoulder blade and collar bone. Is it likely to be a tear bearing in mind it’s moved? I hate not being able to exercise but should I lay off everything for a while or just lay off pushing exercises? Or just get my ass to the docs?

Jamie
    Free Member

*skip to the end*

Go see your GP…or probably better, a sports physiotherapist*

*This will cost you cash money.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

get professional advice.

maccruiskeen

I hurt my shoulder this morning putting on my tshirt, Went out for a ride anyway and I was fine but it was still pretty achey. Went to the supermarket and carrying bags to the car was still pretty painful. Came home, had a can of beer, a fish finger sandwich, watched two old episodes of Lost on DVD then about half and hour ago I just dropped dead.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Did you have a fried egg in your sarnie? If the answer is no stay the hell out of my thread! You can say no first if you like but then stay the hell out….

scaredypants

schrick – don’t speak ill of the dead, man 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Internet docs required for dubious online diagnosis of shoulder injury’ is closed to new replies.