Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)
  • Internet Bullying is a fact of life…
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Discuss…

Some people do seem to need to ‘toughen up’ a little, yet others (with the abscence of facial cues) maybe push the taunts too far.
    What are your views?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Screw you. Idiot.

footflaps

It’s not as if there wasn’t any bullying before the Internet came along…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You just saved yourself being reported to the teachers Flashy!

DezB
    Free Member

Some people (even grown-ups on here) just haven’t got a sense of humour.
    I’m guessing you were banned for having one?

binners

Hora the the thread please. Repeat: Hora to the thread please!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

DeBz!! Yes, but would you edit that?

soobalias
    Free Member

shut it fatso.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was glad I reported your original shenanigans…you deserved every day of it.

philconsequence
    Free Member

there are certain subjects where people seem to get suuuuuuuper sensitive and read into every comment as a personal attack. politics, parenting, children, religion, doping and the subject of the year…. weight loss.

some people just can’t handle the internet of course.

some people are weirdly protective over other people despite having never met them, and some people are weirdly obsessed with other people despite having never met them. some people seem to think that just because you agree on certain things when presented a certain way on t’internet that all of a sudden they’re best of friends… these people seem to be the first to explode in a sensitive ball of fury the moment that perceived friendship is torn apart by a differing opinion.

its all very childish, are these people only friends with people who agree with them on everything, have they never had anyone challenge them on an opinion in real life?

Dobbo

Isn’t this covered on page 118 or the Law at Work act.

philconsequence
    Free Member

😆

trying to move up ‘the list’ are you dobbo?!

and deadly, it was me who reported the stuff that got yeti banned, it wasn’t even yeti’s posts i reported, it was the threats against him. dont make me get over protective now 😆

have i mentioned you’re a right fatty mr darcy? and your arm muscles aren’t in the least bit impressive. oh and you’re very tall.

*opposite day*

binners

Phil. Just WTF do you think you’re ****ing doing? Coming round here with your with your ****ing rational analysis, and your ****ing thoughtful opinions.

OUTSIDE NOW!!!!

donsimon
    Free Member

Takes two to tango.
    Follow on question:
    When does a troll become the victim of bullying?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

This isn’t about bans people… it’s about bullying.

People’s perception of what constitutes bullying could however be an interesting discussion…

IanMunro
    Free Member

I blame it on people’s diets and lifestyle.

Not enough sugar and too much exercise makes people tetchy.

FACT!!

Your brain, like all areas of the body, relies on a steady supply of glucose to function properly. If you take too much insulin, skip meals, take certain medications, are extremely physically active or drink too much alcohol, your blood sugar levels can drop too low. A low blood sugar level is called hypoglycemia. Mild cases of low blood sugar can cause you to feel nervous or anxious, while more severe cases can lead to feeling irritable or tired

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/462118-do-blood-sugar-levels-affect-mood-swings/#ixzz1xqfRpnxG

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah, so Philly, you were being sooooo protective of Monsieur Yetski, that you decided you’d get him a ban – to save him from himself you say?

*opposites day*

You’re a proper shortarse. Your tattoos are shite and your girlfriend isn’t at all purdy.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Munro, you’re a shit runner and you wear gopping trainers.

TooTall
    Free Member

*Gives soobalias a virtual wedgie*

*chinese burns everyone else in the thread*

*Runs off to tuck shop with stolen dinner money*

binners

I’m trying to think of something insulting to say about Bravisimo, but I can’t. He’s, just, like… soooooooooo cool

*swoons*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Your tattoos are shite and your girlfriend isn’t at all purdy

Have you ever actually met her? I’ve been invited to the wedding and still haven’t.

soobalias
    Free Member

where one person takes an inordinate amount of flack, above average for the group, sometimes deserved or asked for… it crosses the line to bullying when its no longer give and take and becomes a barrage that the recipiant doesnt like and cannot handle, and the agressor then doesnt stop or ease up.

in the internerds, its more difficult to assess when someone has had enough.

edit: *readjusts pants, descends left bollock, carrys on*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have you ever actually met her?

Only stalked pictures of her on facebook. She’s well fit. I’m well jell.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Phil. I often seem to agree with everything you say and post, you are very funny and you make some deep insights an usual.
    I agree with everything you say

It depends what you men by bullying. IMHO on here you get some folk who prod and want a reaction, you get some folk who are socially inept and some folk who are freed from the constraints of the real world [ social ostracisation or a fight] into letting the inner **** fly and be free.

What does happen is your view is likely to be challenged …depending on how this is done some folk see it as bullying. Sometimes it may but I think here is pretty good for self regulation and moderation by STW

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s, just, like… soooooooooo cool

8)

(However, I feel that the switcheroo is coming any minute now)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

some folk who are socially inept

Been looking at the man in the mirror JY?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’ve added you to ‘the list’

Junkyard
    Free Member

Been looking at the man in the mirror JY

so much so i typed this post with my woody

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    some folk who are socially inept
    Been looking at the man in the mirror JY?

Just as well that mirror doesn’t get frozen over in the cold weather, eh?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh, nice…I’ll give you that one O’Flashearty.

DezB
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    DeBz!! Yes, but would you edit that?

Oops, sorry too late. Will I cause trubble?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oops, sorry too late. Will I cause trubble?

That was your original intention, you bully.

hilldodger
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    Follow on question:
    When does a troll become the victim of bullying?

Shortly after they’ve been pwned &/or engaged the Edinburgh defence….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You know you loves it, Y Darc.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Phil. I often seem to agree with everything you say and post, you are very funny and you make some deep insights an usual.
    I agree with everything you say

opposite day?!

:mrgreen:

It depends what you men by bullying. IMHO on here you get some folk who prod and want a reaction, you get some folk who are socially inept and some folk who are freed from the constraints of the real world [ social ostracisation or a fight] into letting the inner **** fly and be free.

What does happen is your view is likely to be challenged …depending on how this is done some folk see it as bullying. Sometimes it may but I think here is pretty good for self regulation and moderation by STW

i wrote a long wordy post trying to question how bulling is defined then i deleted it and hit refresh to find out what direction the thread was going…. glad i didnt post it! but as a gentle effort to keep the thread on track, I don’t think bullying can be defined as just the case of ‘its when someone feels bullied’ as some individuals can be quite paranoid and sometimes it just the subject that’s particularly sensitive to them. i think the accused bully’s motives need to be established before they could be punished for bullying.

it then moves onto the subject of being offended. being offended isnt the same as being bullied, being offended doesnt mean you’ve been picked on, it just means your opinions differ from another persons. i’m offended by racists but i understand they’re not making racist comments with the intention of offending me or trying to bully me.

to try and translate this to a diet thread for example, forumuserX might be offended by the term ‘move more eat less’ but that doesnt mean the person typing it is saying it to offend them or to bully them, its just their opinion.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m feeling like this thread is being used as a means to bully me now 🙁

binners

The last word on being offended

Read and inwardly digest

DezB
    Free Member

If someone feels bullied on this forum then they are a bloody idiot. (IMO!)
    Click another thread, change website, close your browser, shut down your computer.
    If you’re getting bullied then you must want to be! It’s piss easy to avoid.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If someone feels bullied on this forum then they are a bloody idiot. (IMO!)
    Click another thread, change website, close your browser, shut down your computer.

Which means that you have been successfully bullied.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘Internet Bullying is a fact of life…’ is closed to new replies.