Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • International Schools – Germany
  • atparry

Does anyone have experience of any International schools with Germany?

There is a distinct possibility of a job move to Germany for me with the whole family coming out sometime in the next 9 months. We have kids aged 5 and 9. And the Mrs is a chemistry teacher.

thehustler
    Free Member

Friend of mine has been teaching at an international school (in Germany) for 20 years now, loves the life over there and would now never come back

MSP

For your kids it would probably be better to get them into the normal school system, the international schools can lead to a bit of isolation if your not careful.

If your wife is going to work at one, I have heard that they are pretty good, but the hours are longer than normal schools.

ps: where in Germany are you thinking of?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Q. How long are you planning on staying there?

We took ours out to Munich for 3 years but, as it was always going to be a temporary thing, we timed it so that the eldest would be back in the UK system before starting high school. My company paid for them to attend an international school. Who’s going to be paying? It’s not cheap.

Check what qualifications are being offered, IB or IGCSE.
    If IB, then you’d want to consider how well that would transfer back into the UK if you were to return mid-course.

We generally found the lower school to lag behind the UK accademically but the experience gained of mixing with a wide range of kids was a valuable experience in itself.

If you are going to move permenantly, it’s a whole different ballgame and you should be considering how best to get them into the mainstream German system.

My experience is about ten years old though now. Not current, so much may have changed since then.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘International Schools – Germany’ is closed to new replies.