• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • International money transfer – Bank info help
  • nickjb
    Free Member

Someone in Germany wants to transfer some cash into my HSBC account. They are asking for IBAN No. and BIC/SWIFT. Any idea where I might find these? Can’t see anything on the HSBC website and they aren’t answering the phone.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Info direct from the bank normally. Not usual info to hand out unless into international arms deals, drugs or knowing people in other countries.

bencooper
    Free Member

May well have the IBAN on your bank statements – it’ll be a massive long number with your account number on the end probably.

SWIFT you might be able yo find online – it’s a number that links to the bank not a specific account.

bencooper
    Free Member
    toppers3933
    Free Member

if you speak to them eventually they will give you the iban code for your account. it is your account number with another code in front of it i think. i needed mine last year after buying something form italy which was returned and they needed my iban code to refund the money. on my nattiest statement it is at the bottom of the page if i remember correctly.

ben beat me to it.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Should be in your on-line banking account details or on your printed bank statements

[Edit] Too slow [/Edit]

bencooper
    Free Member
    nickjb
    Free Member

Cheers all. Both were on the statement, just didn’t think to look there as I only use online banking. Doh!

DrJ

Can’t understand why the UK doesn’t get up to speed and use these numbers, or at least publicize them, more.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘International money transfer – Bank info help’ is closed to new replies.