Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Internal cable guide straws?
  • mooman
    Free Member

Can anybody point me in a direction to where I can buy a length of cable guide straws for internal gear cable routing.

Thanks in advance.

SamB
    Free Member

The SRAM pit stop kits come with that sort of stuff, no idea if you can buy it separately though.

Question is, why do you need cable guide straws for internal routing? It shouldn’t be rubbing on the frame – there should either be stops at both ends with a clean run of cable between, or a full-length outer run down into the frame… at least that’s the case on the two roadbikes I’ve had with internal routing. What frame are you trying to set up?

mooman
    Free Member

Its for a Ribble R872. Both gear cables run down underneath the bottom bracket sleeve.
    I would also like to run a full length piece. To make it easier to re-route next time, and to squirt a bit of wd40 down them to oil/clean cables occasionally.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SamB
    Free Member

Hmmm, interesting! First thing I’d do is try to get some spares from Ribble, you’d hope they’d have that sort of thing available.

If Ribble can’t supply spares, the nearest thing I’ve seen is the Gore Ride-on cable system (this replaced the SRAM kits last year I think). Something like this.

They’re not quite the same as the Ribble guides (no stops to stop the straw sliding into the frame), but the straws fit snugly onto the ferrule noses so shouldn’t go wandering into the frame.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Transfil black snake cables come with a black ‘straw’ that helps seal the cables. Plus the inner cables are black which is great for stealth mode.

JoeG
    Free Member

I believe that this is what I buy from the LBS

Jagwire Seal Liner

clubby
    mooman
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Ribble could not supply any spares. They are supplied with bike as Ribble recieve them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Internal cable guide straws?’ is closed to new replies.