Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Interesting thing from Hope re Boost hubs
  • honourablegeorge

With another standard launched this year we have made hubs compatible with the 110mm front and 148mm rear spacing. To take full advantage of all this new standard can offer we have produced specific hub shells for this wider standard.
    However if you already have an existing hub set you’d like to convert, we have produced disc spacers and endcaps to modify existing front hubs

http://www.hopetech.com/eurobike/

swanny853

Glad to see someone is attempting to help people work through the whole move to boost. Now they just need to figure out the rear wheel!

It’d be nice to think I could buy a boost frame or fork and keep using the same wheels until they were ready for it. Things like that make it feel a little less like you’re being pushed into replacing a whole bike at once.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Yep, rear too please, don’t care if that means missing the main “advantage” of boost!

Northwind

Good for them… Hopefully others will follow suit.

rears are less simple unfortunately because of the mech, there’s lots of ways you can get round that but I can’t see how any are mass-compatible.

STATO
    Free Member

rears are less simple unfortunately because of the mech, there’s lots of ways you can get round that but I can’t see how any are mass-compatible.

Depends if you just want the hub compatible or an existing wheel. Best solution is to offset hub to drive side, so just 6mm spacer on disc side, needs rim re-dished if already a wheel tho.

swanny853

I still think you could sort out the rear with the correct axle spaces, disc spacers and an offset mech cage (or a replacement B link for shimano mechs).

I’m going to be interested to see what qr options for boost come out- 141QR?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Interesting thing from Hope re Boost hubs’ is closed to new replies.