• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by moff.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Interesting srory for Engineers
  • Pigface
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30492838

This quote made me laugh

Despite running a business with such an extensive global reach, and being a self-confessed “nutty professor type”, he says that it is relatively easy to manage engineers.

“I’m an engineer myself, and I have always said that engineers are quite simple people – give them something interesting to do and they just go along with it,” he says.

igm

Sadly recently DNV GL have impressed me with their lack of ability.

jam-bo

I have always said that engineers are quite simple people – give them something interesting to do and they just go along with it get distracted and do something completely different

i find herding cats easier.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Give me something interesting to do and I’ll get bored in no time and play on the interwebs all day.

gobuchul
    Free Member

DNV GL have impressed me with their lack of ability

Not surprised.

IME the vast majority of Class engineers are completely, unimaginative jobs worths.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

^ That’s what I took from DNV. We now use Lloyds for certifying marine equipment. They appear to actually exist in the real world which often helps when working in the real world

dragon
    Free Member

Wow never heard of LR living in the real world! However, as always I think it depends on the engineer you get, some shouldn’t be let loose with clients others are fine.

Clobber
    Free Member

dragon +1, LR used to be a good company a fair few years ago, nothing but bad experiences in the last few years.

dragon
    Free Member

That’ll be around the time I left then 😉 Personally I think the management at LR have lost the plot, but they are happy as they are all on the gravy train.

moff

We have to deal with nearly all the classification societies as the choice is normally client driven.

They all seem to be as good or not as your local contact is, sometimes your lucky, so all our contracts have an open time scale for the classification side, as we have no idea how long it could take.

Their a bit of a joke really as you have to submit a design to them to sign off, but their T&C’s absolve them of any responsibility should anything go wrong.

Half the time they don’t have a rule for what we are doing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Interesting srory for Engineers’ is closed to new replies.