Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • "Interesting" road bike for a grand
  • richcc
    Free Member

Cycle to work scheme has started at work. Currently got a Cotic Soul, Cotic Roadrat and an oldish Giant OCR which I picked up for a £100. Ride the OCR now and again and have done a few TTs just for fun on it.

I'm torn between taking advantage of c2W scheme because it would be daft not to given that it's a really cheap way of buying a bike and not bothering because I don't really need another bike.

If I was to do it then I'd be looking to replace the OCR. Could go out and get a Trek/Giant/Specialized road bike but wondered if there's anything a bit more interesting at that price point that I haven't thought of. Had a look at Condor and quite like the look of some of their lower end bikes.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i like the look of the willier bikes. laveredo is about that price.

richcc
    Free Member

That laveredo does look pretty nice – cheers thomthumb

spacecadett
    Free Member

Planet-X have a lovely carbon road bike with a full Ultegra groupset for£1000. Looks like great value for money and not so many of them around

westkipper
    Free Member

If I had a grand to spend on a road bike I'd get one of the basic Cannondale CAAD nine models. In fact I currently have a top end Scott addict but honestly think that the CAAD 9 is a much more exiting bike to ride.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘"Interesting" road bike for a grand’ is closed to new replies.