Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Interesting places to stay in Southampton
  • thatscracking
    Free Member

Does anyone know any B&B type accommodation in or near the town which is interesting or different to the normal converted house?

Not looking for anything all that fancy or classy as long as it isn’t camping!

Thanks.

mogrim

The Flowers estate or St. Marys are interesting places, or at least used to be.

andytherocketeer

Or Beavers Valley (but it’s not spelled that way though).

(Not lived there for years, so don’t know any current B+B)

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I’ve lived in St Marys. And yet I survive. Bevois Valley (particularly round the industrial estate near the goth club) used to be a bit red light district. Maybe that’s interesting for you?

If you went south, that would be interesting, if a little damp.

On a serious note, there’s quite a few nice places in the New Forest direction, which is quite close.

Also, isn’t “interesting or different” going to pretty much exclude anything that isn’t “fancy or classy”?

thatscracking
    Free Member

How about a Windmill converted into a B&B for exmaple. Nothing too mad!

mogrim

I’ve lived in St Marys. And yet I survive.

I managed a couple of years, too.

Now wondering why the OP has chosen Southampton to visit?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm.. Sotty?? Interesting & Nice?? Hard that one.

Get out of town though and you may be lucky.. New Forest best bet, Lyndhurst popular for tourists (15min drive away) Beauleau has a nice Hotel, Bucklers Hard too, there is a Marriott in Sotty near the docks, nowt my way (Warsash) but you may be lucky in Hamble/Swanwick/Bursledon.

The Lordswood lot (who ride Thurs Eve’s and post on here) may be able to help you out in Sotty particular.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not exactly B&B money but I think this wins the interesting prize 🙂

Landmark Trust – Lutteral Tower

If you like the coast/boats you can find a B&B in Hamble – about 15 mins by car from Southampton

jam-bo

I stayed in what looked online like a nice place on Oxford St. Can’t Remember the name but above a bar.

Reality was no parking and noisy outside until really late. I stay at jury’s inn now and get a taxi back from town.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Interesting places to stay in Southampton’ is closed to new replies.