Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Interesting piece about 'truthers' and why they need there to be a conspiracy.
  • wwaswas

Some people really *need* for the world not to just be random shit happening 24/7.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/13/what-do-you-say-to-a-roanoke-truther.html

“Conspiracy theorists are, I submit, some of the last believers in an ordered universe,” Pitzer College philosophy professor Brian Keeley wrote in Of Conspiracy Theories. “By supposing that current events are under the control of nefarious agents, conspiracy theories entail that such events are capable of being controlled.”

It is simply easier for some people to believe the United States has concocted a vast conspiracy to take away all of our guns than it is to believe that it is too easy for a mentally ill person to acquire one and shoot anyone they want.

In other words, if nothing’s an accident and there are no lone wolf attacks or gunfights over petty grievances, then there is no gun problem. There is no mental health problem, either. For those who believe in crisis class theory, there are just big, theatrical attacks put on by the real problem: whoever is in charge.

All you have to do is forget about the 2,567 people left dead by gun accidents, lone wolf attacks, and gunfights over petty grievances that weren’t caught on camera between June’s mass shooting at a church in Charleston, South Carolina, and the live-on-TV execution two weeks ago.

bencooper
    Free Member

Stupid people like to think they’re smarter than smart people.

nemesis
    Free Member

They don’t have to be stupid. Just misguided usually.

MoreCashThanDash

Can I be first to blame it on alien lizard overlords?

nemesis
    Free Member

Well, it makes you think…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Can I be first to blame it on alien lizard overlords?

Gronda Gronda Rangdo! 😀

wwaswas

The mouse overlord in the background is far more pernicious.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Bunch of Wackos…

When is the Chilcot report being released anyhoo?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Exactly, a photo. Now they couldn’t have been invented without a big global conspiracy.

Given the general level of incompetence and in built mistrust and suspicion of other people a global level conspiracy is doomed to fail – but that’s just probably what they want you to think isn’t it.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

I, for one, welcome our new alien lizard overlords.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Interesting piece about 'truthers' and why they need there to be a conspiracy.’ is closed to new replies.