Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Interesting Photo – Bike X-ray
  • flamejob
    Free Member

… the kind of thing us bike nerds find interesting.

It's my friend's Intense SOCOM on the way back to the UK. Mr Security Man noticed the CO2 in the bottom 😳

Biggerized

carriegold
    Free Member

it's not very well packed is it? Where's all the padding? It looks like it's just been chucked in there.

Does nice Mr Security man mind having his name plastered all over the net? 😯

stumpy01

That's one long fork spring!!

flamejob
    Free Member

The packing is all the vague orange stuff… not very dense; innit! 🙂

I don't think Rick goes anywhere near the internet to be honest.

MSP

Should have took his rotors off the wheels. I have had one bent in transit leaving them on.

jonb
    Free Member

I'm impressed he saw the CO2, I'm unimpressed you packed it. Is your mate one of those people who looks suprised at security when he can't take his 2 litres of water and penknife through and has 4 bags?

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Nick Veasey does lots of X-Ray stuff. Worth a click.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Is that a crack i can see in the frame?

trail_rat
    Free Member

bigyinn – its a socom – it was welded like that 😉

avdave2

He can think himself lucky he was only pulled up for CO2, I once had mister security man announce loud enough for every one to hear that my valves and logos weren't lined up.

Woody
    Free Member

Nice easy way to check your fork oil level. I'm amazed you can see that much detail 'through' metal !

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cool 8)

cynic-al
    Free Member

A mate took some hash to the states, hidden in his syncros forks.

Apparently it was really obvious on the x-ray but they didn't query it.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Let me guess, Geneve? I had an 'incident' there with a small gas camping stove cartridge. I played dumb and was all apologetic about my ice axe stuffed in there, even tho I knew as soon as my name came over the tannoy.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

how exactly did you get a copy of the image? I would have thought they would have told you to bugger off?

chakaping
    Free Member

I think it looks pretty.

Is he going to put it on his wall?

flamejob
    Free Member

To answer questions:
    1. My mate is well used to carting loads of tech about the place – he's a camera man who films for Discovery and stuff.
    2. Malaga outbound
    3. The oversize baggage point is the x-ray machine. Mr Security Man was really grumpy when he saw the CO2, then cheered up a bit when I spoke Spanish to him. He asked if I ride and gave me the CO2 cartridges as a present. Nice bloke. I just took a snap of the screen with my iPhone.

I'm glad you think its cool 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

I reckon your mate would be better off with a rear tyre too.

I once had mister security man announce loud enough for every one to hear that my valves and logos weren't lined up.

That's just one of those "Please let the ground swallow me up" moments..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Interesting Photo – Bike X-ray’ is closed to new replies.