Viewing 24 posts - 161 through 184 (of 184 total)
  • Interesting day with the 'neighbours' (police content)
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

To give you an idea, not so long ago the family in question thought it would be a nice idea to move a full drumkit out onto their front lawn and proceed to bash the bejeesus out of it!

I was reading in my hammock and the first thing i knew was when i nearly suffered a heart attack…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I doubt you will get much grief in future if you really did scare them.

Nowt wrong with giving scrotes a bit of a scare in my book – I had one who kicked a football at me on my motocycle by the throat and gave him a good shake – he was nicely scared.

SD-253
    Free Member

crankboy – Member
    liberal..tollerant, open to reasonable argument, not extriemist, holds cogent views.

If only! Typical middle class liberal:- will never let you put your view over. No NO NO is there typical answer to your attempt to put your point over. Complete lack of ability to accept that there maybe a counter arguement and will quite often turn there back when you don’t give up trying to put your view. One went on recently about how it was wrong to kill rats as they don’t cause any harm normally and only man kills for pleasure!! Was not interested in the fact that my neighbour had just lost 12 chicks to a rat which ripped out there throats eat the corn in them despite there being corn all over on the floor of the pen. By the way I only read the Times or the Telegraph if pushed.
    Oh I almost forgot most middle class Liberals would call me a traitor to me class………….working class Tory

muddydwarf
    Free Member

TJ – not the kids i’m worried about, more their layabout fathers/brothers/seven-toed-cousins etc, etc.

I’m told by my neighbours (don’t know how truthfully though) that they are a bunch of travellers/pikeys/delete as needed who were moved onto that estate by the housing people.

Junkyard
    Free Member

really you read right wing newspapers that burst my middle clas liberal bubble
    perhaps they turn their back because of your presentational style [ the ridculous muslim child molestor for example] which is a tad ridiculous , even for here, and may fall outside of a reasonable argument.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Que?????

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

brandeberryj Not you. did you read the thread?

Gave us all some amusement today

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Muddy send me an e-mail and I’ll explain more, there is a lot of drivel on here and people “thinking” they know best. don’t ring the insurers yet.

SD-253
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    Well not sure that I can support my assertion that “middle class liberal” defines the majority of the UK population given your slightly Littlejohn interpretation of its meaning.

But surveys that ask people to self-describe will show a huge majority of middle class liberals. I very much doubt that. In fact the word impossible comes to mind as the majority of people probably aren’t even middle class and maybe possible that not all of them are liberals?????

By the way, I see you neglected to tell us how you would label your own socio-political viewpoint brandeberryj?

You never asked?

I imagine you will fancy yourself as something like “working class commonsense”?

How can “working class commonsense” be a “socio-political viewpoint” I am a working class (ignoring the fact that I am retired) Tory or as most of you middle class liberals would say a traitor to my class.

SD-253
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

Argh yes you are right I am not entitled to read
    anything other than the Gaurdian because the Times is right wing……..as in….Facist. No alternative views with you. And the turning the back was because I pointed out that maybe Gordon Brown made a mistake selling gold at the bottom of the market which he created by telling the world he was going to sell of half of the UK’s Gold reserve. Not in my opinion an extreme point of view?

perhaps they turn their back because of your presentational style [ the ridculous muslim child molestor for example] which is a tad ridiculous , even for here, and may fall outside of a reasonable argument.

Making excuses for Muslim child molestoring is in my opinion unacceptable and it was in The Times that I read it (in 3 different articles) so not quite as right wing is you seem to think

muddydwarf
    Free Member

TJ – read most of it, see Fred being his usual judgemental self again 😆 Glad it’s brightened up everyone’s tuesday back at work – was out riding in the sunshine 8)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

MC – E-mail sent 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

By the way I only read the Times or the Telegraph if pushed.

There, there………or should it be their, their….. but definitely not they’re, they’re……

FFS it’s not difficult 👿

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

see Fred being his usual judgemental self again

Really? Explain why please.

convert

will never let you put your view over. No NO NO is there[sic] typical answer to your attempt to put your point over. Complete lack of ability to accept that there maybe a counter arguement[sic]

If there was anyone who more accurately fitted this description today than you sir, I must have missed it! Look back, you are the only person throwing personal insults because people said something you didn’t agree with. I’d work on your debating style if you don’t want to come over a touch hypocritical. The sarcasm detection filter could also do with a reboot. You have kept me entertained though – please come by more often.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    Argh yes you are right I am not entitled to read
    anything other than the Gaurdian because the Times is right wing……..as in….Facist. No alternative views with you.

WTF is that pointless attack on a view that I have not even remotely expressed. I simply stated that the times is right wing and you read facts which you dont disagree with – see my point about your presentational technique meaning people turn their back on you

Making excuses for Muslim child molestoring is in my opinion unacceptable and it was in The Times that I read it (in 3 different articles) so not quite as right wing is you seem to think

Liberals defending child molesting Muslims [ That is right up there with those gay ismlamic swans 🙄 ]… sounds fascinating. As it was in three articles should be dead easy to link up Thanks

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

I’m slightly concerned by the number of people who seem feel the need to keep weapons within reach of the bed,Waiting for the oppurtunity to live out some kind of bizarre Deathwish/dirty style fantasy.

I grew up in Toxteth and went to uni in salford,whilst living in Moss side and have never felt insecure enough for this weirdness.

The Father of a son’s friend keeps a samurai style sword behind the front door “just in case” and swears blind it’s a necessity. he lives about ten doors down from me.I just don’t get it at all.

j_me
    Free Member

The Father of a son’s friend keeps a samurai style sword

I thought these had been banned in the UK. He’s probably breaking the law just by owning it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just owning one isn’t an offence if you keep it inside your house. Legislation was amended a few years ago to restrict (not quite a ban, there is the odd exception) the manufacture, importation and sale of them though.

Lifer
    Free Member

Liberals defending child molesting Muslims [ That is right up there with those gay ismlamic swans ]… sounds fascinating. As it was in three articles should be dead easy to link up Thanks

+1 linkage please!

Taff
    Free Member

The Father of a son’s friend keeps a samurai style sword

I thought these had been banned in the UK. He’s probably breaking the law just by owning it.

Don’t say that. I have my brother in laws stuff in the loft and there a samurai sword and a viking sword in there…

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

The Father of a son’s friend keeps a samurai style sword behind the front door “just in case” and swears blind it’s a necessity. he lives about ten doors down from me.I just don’t get it at all.

I hear the same rationale for the young people I work with carrying knives – “in case I meet someone else who has one”. It’s kind of ironic, given the last person who was stabbed round the estate where they live got done with his own knife, which he’d pulled on someone, had it taken off him in the scuffle, then inserted into his own chest!

From the perspective of being an ex-bouncer, I’d always be very wary of diving into a situation in a way that’s almost guaranteed to escalate the situation. When I started as a bouncer, I was pretty fortunate to work alongside a guy who was ex-forces (think it might have been Military Police), who was very good at being calmly assertive and dealing with situations in a way that got people out the door without kicking off a huge ruckus. However, I also worked with one or two guys who were worryingly up for a bit of aggro and it wasn’t unusual for them to trigger violence that could have been avoided if the situation had been dealt with in a more controlled manner. it’s surprisingly easy to find yourself on the business end of a beating, even if you’re reasonably handy in a fight. I remember getting jumped by a group of guys as my mate and I were walking home from the pub; I got caught with a punch from behind and hit the deck before we even knew we were in a fight and if I’d have been on my own, I could have been kicked all round the place without being able to do much about it, despite being a big guy, rugby player, bouncer etc etc.

rondo101
    Free Member

There’s a lot of out of date information being quoted on the previous page about Cautions. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 was amended in 2007 to include cautions, getting rid of the anomoly of some convictions being “spent” after a period of time but lesser cautions being held indefinitely.

Cautions are now spent as soon as they are issued, unless it’s a Conditional Caution, when they become spent after 3 months.
    See https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/q562.htm and http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/police/powers/cautioning/ for information, which are both updated regularly. There’s an awful lot of incorrect information on this on the internet.

As said, some insurers won’t insure someone with a caution in the last 5 years. Others specify only cautions for dishonesty (theft, fraud etc). Others only specify “unspent convictions and cautions” (M&S home insurance for instance).

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I think it’s highly unlikely a caution for affray will cause you problems, however Muddy YGM ref this, as Ronod says there is a lot of inaccurate information being written, but at least people are trying to help I guess!

Viewing 24 posts - 161 through 184 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘Interesting day with the 'neighbours' (police content)’ is closed to new replies.