Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 184 total)
  • Interesting day with the 'neighbours' (police content)
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ok, managed to get myself arrested yesterday 😳

Been having on-going issues with some local scrotes from the council estate around the back of my house. Sunday night we were round at our next door neighbours and the conversation got onto the continuing damage being done to our properties by the above kids. Fences pulled down, garage/shed roofs being damaged, garden trespasses and plant damage etc.
    Was sat in the garden yesterday when i heard next door shouting at the kids that they were damaging property again – to no avail i might add.
    Went into the shed and could hear wood being broken from the other side.
    Completely lost my temper, ran though the house and picked up an axe i use for my medieval re-enactments (you can see where this is going can’t you?).

Ran around the back of the house and gave the little sods the fright of their lives, not nippers either, mid-teens at least.

Anyway, their families are all out in the street drinking so the inevitable happened, face-off, yelling etc. Walked away rather than get into a fight, seeing as i was carrying an offensive weapon it could have got bad really quickly.

Next thing the police are at my door inviting me to take a trip to the area divisional HQ.

Spent a couple of hrs at the nick, explained what had happened etc, got a caution from an un-named officer of the nick.

His exact words to me?

“It’s a ******* disgrace, you should never have been arrested, a ******* disgrace, i would have hit them – but i didn’t say that!”

He made a point about the local scrotes doing what they feel like but coming over all whiter-than-white when it suits them.

Got a lift home by the same lads who picked me up, interesting to see how it all really works but i’m not desperate for another trip there.

Bloody stupid thing to do, ‘owning with bombers’ is REALLY not a good idea.

Right, off for a 100 mile road ride, let the flaming commence…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tee hee. I’d have loved to have seen that. An axe wielding muddydwarf chasing a bunch of scrotes away.

Its the axe thats the issue. You are allowed to use reasonable force to protect yourself, other people or property – even to using a “weapon of opportunity”. ie something that you found handy if it remains “reasonable force”

If you got a caution thats the end of that incident. Next time just remind the scrotes you have an axe. Take pictures of them and report them to the police

IanMunro
    Free Member

A bet you’re relieved you came up against some reasonable cops!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Edukator
    Free Member

Flame you? No way, you’re my hero for the day.

duckman

Would have been better if you were nekked as well!

Cougar

If you don’t have one already, get a LARP foam rubber axe. Very useful for those “he came at me with an axe, officer!” moments. “What, this?”

twohats
    Free Member

A mate of mine who was a Sargent in the police force had very positive things to say about people who took thinks into their own hands when it came to dealing with chavs/scrotes etc. Off the record if course…

racefaceec90

😉 hopefully the hooligans will have learned a valuable lesson not to **** with you 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

‘E’s an ‘ave-a-go ‘ERO

Get yerself in The Sun fella.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

got a caution from an un-named officer of the nick.

So, you admitted the offence and accepted a caution 😯

I presume, oh for gods sake, I really, really hope that you got the duty solicitor and that he advised you to do that, cause if you didn’t get legal advice, then you’re a bloody idiot!

convert

15 years ago my sister had massive problems with a stalker who went on to stalk my parents too (made the national papers, he went to prison). At every door to the house there was a golf club just in case. Every time the boys in blue came around they would clock the clubs, give a knowing wink and make some quip about how it’s so useful to have your clubs close to hand when you want to do a bit of spontanious chipping practice! Dead understanding too when he made the mistake of trying to break in when I happened to be staying and he ended up hospitalised.

Will be interesting to see if they leave you alone or see you as a reasonable target and it increases after yesterday.

binners

Blimey. Its barely past 9.30 on a Monday and already the bar has been raised for post of the week. Purely on the strength of this statement:

ran though the house and picked up an axe i use for my medieval re-enactments

I had a similar problem from the local scrotes a good few years back and initially did the ‘right’ thing and went to the feds. The police officer said ‘to be honest there’s not much we can do unless we catch them in the act. If I were you I’d get your mates together and go and have a word’.

I did. It worked.

I dread to think what would have happened if I did the same now

MrTall
    Free Member

I feel for you, i have two families near me that have uncontrollable kids who keep coming onto our private road and shouting abuse at me. I’m just waiting for the day when i snap and know that the police who have been less than useless towards me will come and arrest me in a heartbeat. It’ll still be worth it though. Maybe i should go and buy a medieval axe, they look like fun.
    As above though, it’ll be interesting to see if it makes things better or worse?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven – Member

got a caution from an un-named officer of the nick.

So, you admitted the offence and accepted a caution

I presume, oh for gods sake, I really, really hope that you got the duty solicitor and that he advised you to do that,

+100, if you accepted a formal caution without advice I would get legal advice as to whether procedures were appropriately followed to try and get it removed

sefton
    Free Member

should have put some war paint on your face too (would have looked like a right psychopath)!!!

allmountainventure
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jO1EOhGkY0&feature=related[/video]

duckman

Also axes are so early middle ages, next time,go Klingon!
    Here!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Still sniggering 🙂

“I am going to get all medieval on you”

oldgit
    Free Member

I’d stock up on soap on a rope if I were you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Any marriage proposals yet?

cranberry
    Free Member

The trick, as stated above, is to be in the middle of cleaning/using/holding something nice and heavy, and to run out of the house with said item in your hand not having given it a moments thought.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Do not meddle in the affairs garden of Wizards Muddydwarf, for they are he is subtle mental and quick to anger.

If you ever need a hand dealing with them again, you have my sword! 😛

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

and my bow.

Hairychested
    Free Member

@OP, you should be given a medal, not the bloody caution.

bruneep

Blimey. Its barely past 9.30 on a Monday and already the bar has been raised for post of the week.

Today is Tuesday, to many bank holidays?

To muddydawarf.

Well done, can you video it next time tho

Woody
    Free Member

Well done mate.

Just a word of caution – chav kids tend to have chav dads so be prepared for problems in the next days and as ^^ have a word re the caution because you were protecting your property and this will be used by the ‘little angels’ if it goes pear shaped. The police seem to be on your side (unofficially) so you really need to cover your arse and get some back up from them.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

If you received an actual police caution (rather than just words of caution from a copper), then you might want to check your insurance policies (car, home, contents). You’ll need to inform them all and, although quite unlikely given what I assume the kind of offence you’d have been cautioned for, be prepared for an increase in premiums, or even a refusal of cover (particularly for home insurance).

Well done for standing up to them, even if it you did choose to arm yourself; but it could be a tough lesson you’re about to learn.

SD-253
    Free Member

I am not sure I like the word Scrote surely Scum would be more appropriate? I am not sure you did the appropriate thing excepting a caution as this is admitting to it and it may come back to haunt you in the futore. Advice to you all don’t admit to it and make it hard for them to prove it anyway IE a balaclava/mask and deny everything AND do not let them the police in your home they need a search warrant and by then you could have got rid of any evidence. That’s what someone told me I am of course not advising It.
    Personally I just moved to the country to get away from the scum especially the racist and I am not talk white people.

SD-253
    Free Member

cranberry – Member
    The trick, as stated above, is to be in the middle of cleaning/using/holding something nice and heavy, and to run out of the house with said item in your hand not having given it a moments thought.

I was told this as well I would of course never advise you doing it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

brandeberryj – Member

I am not sure I like the word Scrote surely Scum would be more appropriate? I am not sure you did the appropriate thing excepting a caution as this is admitting to it and it may come back to haunt you in the futore. Advice to you all don’t admit to it and make it hard for them to prove it anyway IE a balaclava/mask and deny everything AND do not let them the police in your home they need a search warrant and by then you could have got rid of any evidence.

Stupid advice. Doing this will get you a full prosecution for offensive weapons at a minimum not just a caution. Co operate and get a caution, make life difficult an get the book thrown at you

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

I an totaly sympathise; I’ve done the very same thing but with a samurai sword I’d bought the wife as an xmas present…long running issue with noisy upstairs neighbours and I finaly broke, grabbed the sword and kicked their door down and told them to shut up. The police that arrested me said next time use a wooden sword and you’ll just get a telling off.

luckily we moved out 2 months later…

Junkyard
    Free Member

i just happened to be tidying away my crowbar into the shed and when I got outside I heard the noises and reacted.

convert

I’ve done the very same thing but with a samurai sword I’d bought the wife as an xmas present…long running issue with noisy upstairs neighbours and I finaly broke, grabbed the sword and kicked their door down and told them to shut up. The police that arrested me said next time use a wooden sword and you’ll just get a telling off.

😯

Don’t know where to start! Somehow the op dosn’t sound such a nutter – maybe it’s in the telling!

binners

This escalating arms race is shaping up nicely. How many posts before we get to

“anyway, they’d been asking for it for quite some time. So I took the rocket launcher out from under the bed….

is ‘owning with bombers’ about to be eclipsed? 😉

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBnbga14voA[/video]

Woody
    Free Member

I’ve done the very same thing but with a samurai sword I’d bought the wife as an xmas present

……..

Did the police believe that 😯 😀

cinnamon_girl

Lol at muddydwarf. 😆

Respect for being pro-active but do watch your back nevertheless.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Its not something im very proud of, I cant think of a period of my life where ive been so stressed. Im normaly a very quiet person, I guess everyone has their breaking point. A year of constant noise and bullying and no assistance from anyone in authority proved to be mine.

It was a really nice sword too.

carbon337
    Free Member

What a thread. Nice one the OP – I’m all for being a vigilante. Hope you dont get too many issues from the scum dads.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Loving the ‘take the law into you own hands’ nonsense from a bunch of people who’d shop their neighbours for having dirty curtains or something else equally trivial…

Bloody stupid thing to do

It’s a good thing you’ve realised this.

Now, have you considered the possibility of reprisals? Revenge attacks on your home, or family members? Are your troublesome neighbours the type to take such things lying down?

Maybe you have scared them off. But maybe you’ve opened a far nastier can of worms.

Consider covert surveillance, making sure it doesn’t of course create a breach of privacy for your neighbours. Gather evidence of illegal activity and criminal damage. Much more effective, as you then have ‘proof’ on which the police need to act.

This forum makes me laugh. One minute, Red Light Jumpers are the spawn of Satan, next minute, it’s ok to completely ignore the Law and threaten people with an axe. Fantastic.

Muddy; I can well understand your anger and frustration. And yes, sometimes you do need to stand up for yourself.

But violence often begets violence. Be wary of any follow up actions. And if it does happen, then consider that your own actions have helped inflame the situation. You’re not some crusading hero, by acting in the manner you did, you’re a law-breaker just like them. Only your using threatening behaviour, which could be considered a tad more serious than a bit of damage to a shed or fence. You’ve got away pretty lightly if all you’ve received is a caution. What is it, up to 4 years inside for possession of an offensive weapon?

You’re on a yellow card now. The neighbours will know that if you lose it again, you’ll be in far more serious trouble. They may well try to provoke you further.

I hope you are able to find a positive solution to all this. It must feel horrible.

Whatever you do, don’t get yerself nicked again ffs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 184 total)

The topic ‘Interesting day with the 'neighbours' (police content)’ is closed to new replies.