Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 'Interesting' cycling round Box Hill today
  • ant77
    Free Member

In this short clip from my drive past Box Hill today, how many sketchy cycling manouvers can you see?
    Bear in mind there’s another car pretty close behind me also overtaking the artic, somewhat limiting his options…

Quality isn’t great, so apologies.

[video]https://youtu.be/HoxrJ0qt3PE[/video]

bigjim

cyclists look OK but not sure the driver had seen the 50 signs

TheDoctor
    Free Member

In this short clip from my drive past Box Hill today, how many sketchy cycling[b]Driving[/b] manouvers can you see?

FTFY

MoreCashThanDash

These threads never seem to go the way the OP hoped, whatever the mode of transport.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The driver seems to be going very fast considering how many vulnerable road users are about.

ant77
    Free Member

Lens makes it seem faster than it is. Go pro effect.

White car on the right shouldn’t have tried squeezing past on the roundabout. Cyclist could have been in a better position to stop them.

What about the rider from the left who swings out just a few yards in front of the lorry? Lorry had to brake quite hard to not hit him. Could have been quite nasty. No idea why he went for it then…

Rubber_Buccaneer

Cyclist on the left doesn’t appear to know what give way markings mean.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

cyclists would be better off using the tunnel under the road than chancing their arm across that junction.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Where IS Surfmatt these days?

federalski
    Free Member

Are there meant to be a few moments in that vid?
    Only the guy on the left was obvious to me.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Don’t see a problem, rider on the left looks over his shoulder before joining main road, no one had to suddenly change direction/adjust their speed?

tonyg2003

It’s never the best junction especially if you are coming down from Mickleham and trying to get over the road to turn right to Boxhill. The roundabout is quite sketchy too since cars don’t expect to see bikes going to BoxHill. I just use the tunnel and have no stress!

The car driving seemed fine to me

J-R

Bit surprised at ddog’s comment. The rider in red on the left did seem to just pull out onto the A24 right in front of the lorry. Whether he looked over his shoulder or not before doing something daft is not very relevant.

All the other riders seemed OK.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Edited.
    Literally cannot be bothered to argue anymore.

The are many foolhardy cyclists.
    There are many more aggressive inconsiderate drivers.

That’s it, and as it always will be.

Ride and drive safe, fellow humans.

jekkyl

Is there only the one hill daan sauth?
    All the cyclists seem to congregate round it.

atlaz
    Free Member

It’s well known. It’s relatively trouble free as far as cars are concerned. It has a nice view at the top so for a lot of new riders, a sense of achievement. It has a nice cafe at the top with cake and stuff like that.

As a climb though, it’s a bit “meh”, there are much better ones in the area.

As for the video, nothing seemed that unusual. Slightly daft rider.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Typical roadies…ignoring the cycle paths and tunnels and putting themselves at risk on a busy dual carriageway. Burn the lot of em!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘'Interesting' cycling round Box Hill today’ is closed to new replies.