Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Interesting critique of paleo-diet
  • Kuco

I liked it.

Edukator
    Free Member

Why “liked” not “like”? That suggests you didn’t like it enough to pursue it.

I found it incompatible with prolonged exercise and hampered recovery after exercise so added “banned” processed carbs. I almost immediately gave up on the idea that “new” fruits and vegetables should be excluded. Kiwis and potatoes are fine in my version of the paleo-diet.

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t think cutting out bread is particularly extreme. It’s a lot of bulk and not that much nutrition. If you replce it with vegetables you start eating a hell of a lot more nutrients.

I found it incompatible with prolonged exercise and hampered recovery after exercise so added “banned” processed carbs.

That’s my experience of the iDiet too – which is broadly similar to paleo. Except I only add measured amounts of banned carbs and only at certain times – definitely not breakfast for instance.

I don’t have potatoes though. They are pretty high GI.

Edukator
    Free Member

I was force fed potatoes during my childhood and didn’t touch them from the age of 18 until my late 20s. baked in their skins they now add a bit of variety once a week at most.

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t miss potatoes, rice or pasta much. Bread and sugar are the ones I miss.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Interesting critique of paleo-diet’ is closed to new replies.