Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • interesting banter with Specialized over my Epic problems
  • njee20
    Free Member

Do shimano 30mm axle cranks now?
    I take it the bike came with cranks with 30mm axle? (if not why fit a BB30 and not use a 30mm axle to make the most of the BB30 system?) so to fit shimano the OP would have to use some sort of adapter to fit the cranks, so OP have changed the BB seal/crank interface that could effect how the BB will last, so spez have a point (a very small one)

No they don’t. It came with a Shimano chainset with standard 24mm axle plus an adapter, all the OP’s done is stick an XT chainset through there. Poor form on Spesh’s part to say that voids the warranty I must say.

Steelsreal
    Trimix
    Free Member

American bikes dont seem to work with UK weather, I get the impression they are all tested in sunny southern California, for a few days.

I would suspect that the seals are not very sealed and the muc off has just washed out the grease.

Speshpaul

Njee 20
    Try and keep up, its a 5 year warranty, a lot could happen to a chaiset in 5 years. You could wear the rings out for a start. for instance a SLX chainset on offer is cheaper than 3 rings and a bb. But what this joker from spesh has said is that anything other than whats sold on the bike would void the warranty.

njee20
    Free Member

Not in this instance, it’s a 6 month old bike. Try and keep up 🙄

I’ve said up there ^^ that it’s poor form, but if that’s the line they’re taking (crap as that is) then in this case it’s valid. Doesn’t stop it being rubbish though!

Northwind

Speshpaul – Member

what this joker from spesh has said is that anything other than whats sold on the bike would void the warranty.

No he hasn’t. He’s said that the warranty wouldn’t extend to parts which have been replaced, which is a bit obvious tbh but still. (and then there’s the grey area of the BB, where there’s 3 reasonable possibilities- feeble excuse, genuine misunderstanding (believing that the BB was also nonstandard) and lastly believing that the modification is relevant to the failure.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘interesting banter with Specialized over my Epic problems’ is closed to new replies.