Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Intense Tracer, what size at 5'11?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I’ve seen Gee’s Tracer for sale, it’s a large with a 610mm ETT… I usually ride 600mm ETTs, but have had a large Spark and Anthem, which felt spot on – but they we very much XC related.

Is anyone riding a Tracer at 5’11 on here? And if so…. what size are you riding?

Cheers

Ricks

saxabar
    Free Member

Probably not like for like, but I ride a medium 6.6 and could definitely have gone for the large. I’m 5ft10.

binners

Hmmmmm – I’m 5’10” and ride a medium 5.5 and find it absolutely perfect. I reckon I’m on the limit though. At slightly taller, I’d go for the Large and stick a 50mm stem on it

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

LARGE and reply to your wtd replies please, does everyone ead in

rickon
    Free Member

Replied 🙂

Just spoke to a chap with a 2009 Tracer VP, and his large has a 23″ ETT….. that’s gotta be a medium, right?

Johnbot
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ i ride a large Tracer vp

0pt1cal
    Free Member

I used to have one, 5ft 11 and medium was fine with 50 mm stem….can be quite tight for some folks as a few of my friends had one as well…but they ran 70mm stems which they preferred.

Now ride a medium Tracer 2…great bikes 🙂

treemagnet
    Free Member

Im about 511, ride a medium with a 70mm stem but think a large would probably have been better with a shorter stem. Didnt get to try a large one though so cant be sure.
    Still rides really well on technical stuff but sometimes feels a little bit cramped on flatter xc rides.

treemagnet
    Free Member

ps am at eastridge enduro this weekend, welcome to have a go on it. The works blue is very nice.

Gee76
    Free Member

Hey rickon, nice bike your mulling over there;-) thought you were a bit quiet. Don’t worry about standover, vortex at about 5ft nowt can stand clear of top tube. It sounds like you right on the line for top tube length and it may well come down to riding style.

In some respects the good standover means for playing you can fit short stem and drop the seat but then for longer xc rides a slightly longer stem will give you the option to stretch out a little more. I went for a 70mm as an allround compromise. you could go with a nice 60mm turbine as a compromise.

As I say your welcome to swing a leg over it if your in the area.out

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I’m 6′ and at an Intense demo day at Cwm Carn Extra UK said I would definitely need the large Tracer VP. Felt OK but I only did one ascent/descent.

Was going to try a Carbine or Tracer 2 at Morzine 8) and Extra said I’d be fine with a Medium. Didn’t bother as I didn’t have any ID.

Not sure if that helps much….

ir12daveor
    Free Member

I’m 180cm so (I think that’s pretty close to 5’11”). I ride a M Intense Carbine, a M Intense Uzzi VP and up till last year rode a M Intense 5.5.

I’m running a 50mm stem with 760mm bars on the Uzzi and a 60mm stem with 710mm bars on the Carbine. For me they are about right, but I like my bikes to be quite small underneath me. I could easily ride an L without any problem. In my opinion you are right between sizes and could go either way depending on your preferences.

mboy
    Free Member

You’re taller than that no? I’d have said you were closer to 6ft?

Anyway… Medium is about 590 in the TT, and large at 610, you’d have to either run a 10mm shorter or 10mm longer stem than ideal anyway if you’re normally on a 600 TT bike.

Can you try it out first?

rickon
    Free Member

Cheers Mark,

Looking at it now, the Flux I had was pretty much 610, and felt spot on for me, so was the Spark and the Anthem. So looks like I’d need a large, the only bike that’s throwing me is the Reign I had in a medium that had a 585 TT, and rode lovely.

Looks like Gee might be able to help out on the way up to Scotland 🙂

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Worrying about toptube seattube seems silly look at the huge clearnce standing on tracer any size wilk you fit yes

pushironwill
    Free Member

You are defo at that cross over size but to be sure id go for a large and run a 50mm stem like a few people have said. Ive sold plenty of tracers to riders with this problem in the past and 99% have been happy with the large. Tracers can feel small for example im 6’2 and ride a large tracer 2 with a 70mm stem i should be riding an xl for sure as it feels too short on long rides. I have to play with seat position to get it wright !!

Go large !!!!!

rickon
    Free Member

Going large it is then 🙂 Damn you all, Gee might be getting my money.

pushironwill
    Free Member

Great bikes enjoy

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Intense Tracer, what size at 5'11?’ is closed to new replies.