Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • INTENSE TRACER VP
  • dandan
    Free Member

Does anyone own or has ridden the above bike, a mate of mine is selling a 2010 tracer and I am thinking of buying it.

My question is it this too much bike for the likes of peak district, lake district and welsh/scotish trail centres?

Also going to the Alps in july so would take it there too.

traildog
    Free Member

Only ridden one as a test ride, not lived with it long term. It was a nice ride. You should only get it if you personally get on with it and ignore what everyone else says about it.
    "Too much bike" depends on you and what you enjoy about riding. You are not going to be racing up any climbs on it, but it does climb alright.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I rode one & really liked it. Sounds ideal for your riding I reckon, but YMMV as ever.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Couple of guys on Tracers on my trip to the Alps last year. They loved them.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

give it a try! Personally I'm considering swapping to a Tracer myself for Peaks riding and occasional DH . . . i reckon it'd be fab on the fast rocky dark peak descents! 🙂

robob
    Free Member

they look cool…

does that help?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Still hit and miss on quality control though. I've seen a few misaligned ones.

undapressure
    Free Member

I've got one, bought it after a demo and absolutely love it. They aren't the lightest bike but still climb reasonably well. Where they really come into their own is on the way down! They are really confidence inspiring and float over anything in their path. Done some fairly big stuff on mine and had no problems at all with it.

If you do get it, upgrade the RP23 to a Cane Creek Double Barrel, you will be going faster than you have ever imagined on it (downhill only!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘INTENSE TRACER VP’ is closed to new replies.