Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Intense tracer 275 alloy owners
  • sig123
    Free Member

Hi looking for a bit of feedback off you guys as thinking of buying one, have some questions
    Size recommendation im 5″10.
    How do the bearings hold up.
    Overall how do you get on with them.
    Cheers

jwray

The new frame that’s the same geometry as the carbon?

I have one, am 5’11” and on a medium. Fit is great.

Haven’t had it long enough to know about bearing life but there are grease injection ports in the pivots.

I’m loving it, or was till a recent crash that fractured my ankle. But, it’s my first trail bike in a number of years so new geometry, new suspension technology, etc. I was coming off an Intense 5.5 and the tracer is way more stable and generally a lot faster. Maybe feels a little less nimble but I think that’s me getting used to it, given its slacker and longer.

J.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Are you buying local or US ? Im planning to get one as well but could save so much getting on the other side of the pond.

jwray

I used to live in San Francisco and have family there. My mates own an intense dealership so I got mine through them, before it was available in the UK I believe.

Here’s a link to their blog post with a picture of the bike and me. About only thing I have that speaks to sizing.

http://www.elevationbikeco.com/ride-blog/client-ride-jonnys-2015-intense-tracer-t275-alloy

J.

Jeffus
    Free Member

My Tracer 2 , I’ve just replaced the pivot bearings in the top link, lower link has grease ports so still smooth after 20 months, and jet washed once a week 😀 replaced top ones with Enduro bearings and packed with marine grease. 🙂

sig123
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply , just picked a 2014 frame up now to work out what sort of build to do.

sig123
    Free Member

What sort of pressure are you putting in your rear shock to get 30% sag, im up to about 250psi and still not quite there.

edward2000
    Free Member

I used to own a tracer 2, I found it ride much better when I set the sag about 40/50 percent

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Intense tracer 275 alloy owners’ is closed to new replies.