Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Intense Tracer 2 or Yeti SB66 – Lets have your opinions!
  • Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

The Bikeradar review slated the 66 then got pulled? They gave it 3 stars for HA steepness and rear suspension blow through. Guess the no show of a available date may indicate issues?

Sancho
    Free Member

If it’s frame only Id consider the Covert as its a lot cheaper than the Yeti and very capable downhill, and surprisingly good up if you get the size right.
    The Yeti is possibly a better bike uphill and probably just as nice down, and I think a bit lighter, but more cash and more complex.
    however I dont expect them to start breaking soon as Yeti look to have learned from their dabble with Carbon over the years.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

interesting comments on the SB66 as the ASR7 was also described as a long travel trail bike rather than an aggressive/all mountain frame.

I heard enough horror stories about Intense to turn down an offer to buy one at cost price.

Had a Mk1 Nomad, climbed like a total dog in the granny. Think that’s been sorted for later versions. Now have an Alpine 160 which does everything the Nomad did, but climbs better.

honourablegeorge

mrblobby – Member

Not sure about that Knolly, does it really need that many pivots?

That’s their USP – the 4×4 bar linkage, sort of two 4-bar linkages in tandem.

Apparently it works brilliantly, and is a lot more durable than it looks (wouldn’t be hard).

DezB
    Free Member

Just to chuck something else in the mix…

toons
    Free Member
    Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Yup that one. Maybe just a poor piece of journalism ?

honourablegeorge

Kind of interesting that they choose to send the demo bike out with 32s on it, not 36s

scarymissmary
    Free Member

The boyfriend rode a Transition Covert at the Mega this year and said it was ideal. For the week biking in Morzine before the event he’d put a Transition Blindside in the van too, but said he ended up riding the Covert most of the time cause it handled everything so well and was a really fun ride. He had the complete build, but I know you can get it frame only. Said the dropper seat post and the angles of the bike made the ups relatively easy. (Last year he took a Trek Scratch which was too DH orientated.)
    I’ve currently got a Lapierre Spicy which has been an amazing bike, but am considering the Covert when it’s time to replace.

Sancho
    Free Member

If its a UK demo bike, I think I have a good idea why they put 32’s on it.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Yeah spicy is on my list. At least it’s proven technology I liked the look of the 66 but wont be buying early.

DezB
    Free Member

Please don’t say any more scarymissmary! It’s already the first bike I’ve desired since getting my 575!

goatster
    Free Member

Blur lt2/c with 36s. I run lt2, ridden Spain, mega and Italy on it this year. Best bike I have ever owned. Cheaper option would be a butcher with 36s. 66 builds up okay weight wise for those worried about such things but once you scruz… T

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

got an intense 5.5, had it for 4 years, amazing bike. no issues at all. great ride, great finish, i’d definitely buy intense again.

and i’ve also got a yet arc, thats nice as well. i’d also buy yeti again.

kiwijohn

Still waiting for my Yeti. Ordered in June or July. Can’t remember now. Might get it in 3 weeks.
    LBS has sold a lot of BLT’s, I wanted something different & single pivots don’t do it for me. Should be worth the wait though.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

New tracer is an improvement, but still a tad too steep really.

I thought Box won the overall Gravity Enduro series this year on a Tracer2?

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Intense Tracer 2 or Yeti SB66 – Lets have your opinions!’ is closed to new replies.