Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Intense Spider FRO – What colour?
  • bobalong
    Free Member

I have a works finish FRO that i'm getting bored of looking at, so i think a colour change is in order.

I've spoken to the local powder coat company, who are meant to be excellent. They can do any colour i want or a high polished chrome look.

My first though was black or white, but the polished look sounds nice.

Keeping it as it is isn't an option as i need a change.

That is unless someone wants to buy it….

What colour do you think????

nickegg
    Free Member

I wouldn't reccomend getting it polished. It'll look great once built up and then S£$t once ridden in the wet!

I had my old Orange 5 polished and whilst it was relativley easy to polish up once in a while it still took more maintenance than i could be arsed with. The top tube looked especially crap after a few wet rides, from getting on and off the bike etc.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

This is great for looking at powdercoat colours…

http://www.liteville.de/t/25_66.html

Onzadog
    Free Member

RAL 4003 or RAL 4010

aP
    Free Member

Mine is stock stealth black – but depending upon your forks then how about rear suspension arm in one colour and front triangle in another with the linkages in some other complimentary (or not) colour – rasta style?
    Green/yellow/red…

bobalong
    Free Member

nickegg – Apparently its a chrome powdercoat, so not corrosion issues!

Teetosugars – Great website, thanks.

Onzadog – Really? It's never get stolen!

aP – I had a 5.5 in Stealth black – it looked great but the decals looked really tacky.

I have to think re-sale value as i'll probably sell soon.

bobalong
    Free Member

ap – do you know if it's possible to get a new sticker kit for the FRO?

Onzadog
    Free Member

bob, you said you wanted a change!

bobalong
    Free Member

True – but maybe that's a step too far.

Do you think there's a market for a bright pink race frame?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hot rod orange – best Intense colour ever. Tho' my baby blue Slopestyle comes a pretty close second. Keep it all one colour though – don't think a different rear end would look quite right on an Intense.

aP
    Free Member

bobalong – I pretty sure that you can get new sticker kits. I think that they're somewhere on the intense webshop, I have seen them advertised on an American bike webshop as well, but I think they stated not sold outside continental US.

bobalong
    Free Member

Baby blue, not a stock colour for the FRO, but it'd look good!

Here's a link to the chrome powder coat

http://www.aerocoat.net/Aeromaxtm.htm

They've even suggested fading from a black front through to a silver rear….Too much??

Here it is now..

Stored in the office, apparently i have too many bikes at home at the moment!

Curly68
    Free Member

There was a Spider on the ride I did Tuesday evening. It had a yellow rear end and a babyish blue front end. Was quite noticeable! I am thinking of polishing my Slopestyle and getting a clear blue coat on it, similar to the Chain Reaction bikes.

bobalong
    Free Member

I've decided to keep the frame go for briliant white – it'll look light!

My local bike shop has managed to get a sticker set ordered so it'll be like new again.

I can't wait to build it.

Pics to follow!

aP
    Free Member

Your keeping the linkages black? Sounds nice!

bobalong
    Free Member

Thanks and yes, linkages will be re-annodised black to loose a couple of scufs.

I'll get some photos on here when it's finished.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can't believe you didn't go with either of my suggestions!

bobalong
    Free Member

I was strangly tempted to go for the RAL4010!!

The colour the company had looked a little less strong, so i didn't risk it.

They had a matt orange that looked amazing and a metal flake grey that really did it for me, but simple white was the winner.

Onzadog
    Free Member

😛

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Intense Spider FRO – What colour?’ is closed to new replies.