Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Intense quality control
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

So I have had an intense on order for a while and it should be here soon.

I had heard about alignment issues before I ordered but presumed they had sorted it out by now.

However I was reading a few more stories the other day of recent frames being badly affected.

What is the likely hood my new tracer will have alignment issues?

I’m going to be pretty pissed if after waiting 12 weeks a bent frame turns up and I have to reject it.

STATO
    Free Member

I heard about this… in 2008. Intense were (are?) notorious for being out of alignment. If you get one take the swingarm off to check it bolts back together straight. If it does then youll have a great frame, if not then youll have your money back, id not worry.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Its only a problem if it doesn’t crack….

womble321
    Free Member

Hi I’ve had a 2010 Tracer & 2012 Carbine both were brilliant with issues to report.Both built up with 150 forks around about 30lbs for Tracer & 27 lbs for Carbine.Moved to a Covert now but seriously loved my Intense bikes so thinking of a Tracer 275 in the near future.

Ps I hope you love your new frame

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. Just hoping my frame is alright.
    If for whatever reason it isn’t I’ll reject it, give up and get another brand.

Not paying that amount of money for such poor quality

Why on earth do Intense allow dodgy frames to leave the factory knowing they will most likely get them back.

craig1975
    Free Member

I had the old tracer vp which had the dodgy rear chain stay, i went through 3 of them, intense replaced the VP frame for the new Tracer 2, i had no alignment issues with either frames, they’ve also sorted out the chainstay problems too, ive hammered my T2 for nearly 2 year’s, and its never missed a beat, your gona love it mate, enjoy

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Thanks Craig reassuring words.

Northwind

matlockmeat – Member

Why on earth do Intense allow dodgy frames to leave the factory knowing they will most likely get them back.

Economics basically… the cost of replacing bent frames, on those occasions where the customer notices, will be less than the saving they make by cutting corners in production.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Economics basically… the cost of replacing bent frames, on those occasions where the customer notices, will be less than the saving they make by cutting corners in production.

The cost of gaining bad reputation however far outweighs any other which still begs the question…

Northwind

Yep, but reputation’s not a simple thing. Intense’s history is so strong and some of their products so good that people will still see them as an aspirational brand, that’s stronger than the manufacturing issues. When people come across issues with a brand they look up to, they go “that’s weird”, and then if it gets fixed they say “brand X is so good for fixing their ****-up!”

greeble
    Free Member

my seat tube is about 15mm to the right
    and the rear drop outs are 165mm withou the 150mm hub

patriotpro
    Free Member

And just as many will just move on the next “aspirational brand”.

Intenses look awesome to my eyes, but from what I’ve heard from owners, I wouldn’t go there.

SamB
    Free Member

It’s a shame really, as the bikes do ride really well. But it was (is?) apparently a bit of a lottery in terms of getting a straight frame.

To reassure you, I’ve had:
    – 2006 Uzzi
    – 2007 Socom (still going!)
    – 2009 5.5
    – 2011 Tazer

And they were all straight with no issues. Hoping the Tracer 2 I’m picking up to replace the Tazer will continue the trend 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Intense quality control’ is closed to new replies.