Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Intense 5.5 views and pics
  • Ringo
    Free Member

Any owners out there that can give me a run down on this frame and maybe a few pics cheers

Hadge
    Free Member

Hi Ringo. I had a 5.5 a while ago and it's a very capable frame. Nice slackish geometry which gives you lots of confidence going downhill. The VPP suspension system works really well tracking the smallest of bumps but ensure you keep the bearings in tip-top condition as otherwise they get gritty and aren't as smooth so maintenance is very important. They ccan be built up quite beefy, as I ran mine with FOX 36's for a while but being honest it's better as a fast XC/Enduro bike and be built up to 25lb but it will cost you. The frames are very well made and cable routing is nice a clean, as for finish mine was a ball-burnished but the painted ones can suffer a bit but it's only paint at the end of the day and they are mean't to be ridden.
    Some days I really loved the bike, it sort of inspired you to ride faster but then some days it was "ordinary" – I think it was more to do with the rider to be honest lol. Here's a picture of the final build of mine too for.

bobbyspangles

most of what is said above is spot on, apart from the head angle. It is a little steeper than most newer frame in the same category (70/72 deg) but this makes it a flippin radical shredder! pikes are a good match for the front but go with what you prefer although be careful of over forking the bike it will dull your ride.
    bearings can be bought and replaced easily, and if you want an simple maintenance bike there are plenty out there, this is not one however.

Coasting
    Free Member

I have to agree with Hadge,the bike can be a thrill machine when your on your game but if your having an off day can be down right dangerous.Cant think of a better bike for an experienced bike rider looking to push the envelope.Bearings are common off the shell,cheap and easy to replace

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Intense 5.5 views and pics’ is closed to new replies.