Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Integrated seatpost help – desperately needed!
  • thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Right, so: just finished the nerve wracking job of cutting down an integrated seatpost. Only to reinsert the ‘seat mast’ (in this case an expander wedge setup that rests on spacers to adjust height in increments) however, there is another carbon tube lower in the post that stops the ‘post’ being inserted completely. Now is this normal? I cant seem to buy another topper – at least find anywhere they’re sold – and even then there is no garuantee they’re going to be shorter.
    Now this is a project along time coming and means alot so it’s rather demoralising – any help is much appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Necessary measurements – Frame seatpost inner – 31.7mm outer – 37mm
    current topper length (measured from where it would rest on the frame to bottom of wedge) – 9cm amount still exposed – 2cm

oldgit
    Free Member

I can’t help, but naming the frame make and model might help find an audience.

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

It’s an Alan Race (Make/Model), one of the later models – full carbon monoque – 2010 I think. A nice bike.

njee20
    Free Member

Not common. Is the frame too big such that you’ve had to cut the mast right down?

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Nope, not at all, took 5cm off – there is still over 13!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Integrated seatpost help – desperately needed!’ is closed to new replies.