Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Insured front door replacement q
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Looking for some advice on this.
    due to an emergency forced entry ()don’t want to to go into the details), my front door and frame has been destroyed. It’ll be replaced by household insurance but will take around 3 weeks. The existing door is glass/upvc and just now has boarding over two of the broken glass panels and the door is secured using a padlock.
    Q1 – does it take 3 weeks to provide a replacement upvc/glass door or should I be kicking off about this?
    Q2 – is it acceptable that I should have to put with a padlock for 3 weeks which is hardly the strongest way of securing a house?

Thanks

project
    Free Member

Depends on the work schedule of the firm the insurance co use, should be quiet for most dg firms this time of year, ask if you can source your own door and if so go for a rock or composite door.

A padlock is not secure and also how do you get out in a fire, how do you lock door from inside.

Most secure method would be sheet of thick ply over entire frame with bolts through into 3 x 2 timber cross baraced inside of door.But then you couldnt get out in a fire.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Insured front door replacement q’ is closed to new replies.