Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Insurance without bike receipts
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

I need to get my finger out and sort insurance, was about to pull the trigger on M and S to cover the 2 bikes in the locked but not alarmed garage (separate from the house) but just thought about receipts. Most if not all the kit is second hand so I don't have receipts – if I insure them and they are nicked will the insurance be a bit pointless? If so Ill use a cheaper quote for house contents and buy some locks for the bikes when they're in the garage.

bruneep

M&S never asked me for receipts for my claim. I sent them pics of the bike with a list of all the components, paid out in full.

skidartist
    Free Member

Photograph the bike and as belt and braces when you're next getting any work done in a shop ask them to do you a valuation. I've usually done the home work, itemised all the parts and figure out the value, emauled it to the shop, they print it on their headed paper. Bingo

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Esure never asked me for reciepts, even after I had 2 stolen. Just photographed everything to death and when they went for a walk on their own they just asked for the pictures. Never even sent anyone round to check my security and I had replacement bikes within a week (and 1 was a custom build). Very impressed with them.

fontmoss
    Free Member

ace!

might check out esure then, m and s sound great but pricey-guess you pays your money…

keyses2

My insurers (NFU) are happy with photos and valuation from LBS (on headed paper).

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

M&S did not ask for receipts for me. I have photograhped and listed all components but they didn't want that either

Crag
    Free Member

Halifax require an original receipt or valuation dated prior to any claim. Get yourself down your lbs, you may be surprised what they value it at, I know I was.

DT78
    Free Member

M&S required me to take my mangled bike (don't ask) to a bike shop for a valuation. Initially they tried to get me to take it to Halfords, but as they don't stock santa cruz I got a letter from a local dealer costing out a replacement. They paid out pretty quickly after they recieved the note (cheque was made out to LBS though so had to buy from them)

I've got lots of pictures, frame numbers and most of the reciepts for the current bikes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Insurance without bike receipts’ is closed to new replies.