• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Insurance for trip to alps
  • jonnyrockymountain

8 of us are going to Alps for a long weekend and just wondering what insurance is best to have and can anyone recommend any they have used? Thanks

coogan
    Free Member

Snowcard

deadkenny
    Free Member

I’ve used Snowcard for a single trip to the Alps as my normal travel insurance is vague on cover for Alpine MTB (or as they word it “extreme terrain” is not covered, but they won’t say what that means even when you ask. Could be anything rougher than tarmac!).

Generally gets good recommendations and flexible options so you can tailor it. I remove the luggage type stuff which I already have cover for and just go for the bike, medical and recovery bits.

Snowcard are expensive for an annual travel insurance though.

sideshow
    Free Member

I’ve used various insurers for the Alps

Snowcard (usually cheapest single trip)
    BMC (best reputation for handling claims well, I know several people who have had to call on them)
    Austrian Alpine Club (annual cover for 45 quid but only rescue & repatriation. Allow time to apply.)
    duinsure (good for longer trips in which not all of it is spent doing extreme sports)

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Some companies differentiate between lift assisted and non-lift assisted riding irrespective of the terrain you’re actually on.

Check the small print.

jonnyrockymountain

Cheers guys

metcalt

We used Dogtag for a trip last year. We went as a group of 8 and had been looking at individual policies until one of the lads rang them about a group discount.

With all of us under one policy we saved around £12-15, whilst not a huge amount it’s better than nothing.

wl
    Free Member

BMC. Good organisation to support, too.

Marin
    Free Member

Snowcard. Were very good last year when a mate wiped out at Pila and had to fly home.

vickypea
    Free Member

I bought a policy with Fogg Travel but didn’t need to use it

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Showcase sorted one of the blokes in on our trip when he needed scraping up off the floor in Pila.

poonprice
    Free Member

Snowcard – No issues for my mate that was Heli lifted and X-rayed etc after dislocating his shoulder out on a Back Country day near Les Arc

Fat-boy-fat

Snowcard or Dog Tag. Seen both in action after friends tw4tted themselves and they both went the extra mile with claims sorted pdq.

Never had to use their claims yet but I go with Dog Tag for the fancy packaging the dog tags come in 😉

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Dam you predictive text,
    SNOWCARD.

Marin
    Free Member

Haha coolhand the same cigarsmokin ‘sarfafrican. See you at the airport in 2 weeks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Insurance for trip to alps’ is closed to new replies.