Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Insurance for bike kept in communal store?
  • ncfenwick
    Free Member

Hi

I have no choice but to keep by bike (worth c. £1250) in a locked communal bike store in a small residential developemnt of around 24 properties.

Can anyone recommend a policy that will cover this type of storage? I assume there is a lot of small print on policies that may exclude this. Note that the bike will be locked to an immovable object.

I have tried my current contents insurer, Endsleigh, but they did not want to cover a bike stored in a communal store.

Cheers

timmys

If you get a policy that covers “away from home” then wouldn’t you be covered anywhere because any place you choose to mention either has to be “home” or “away from home”. Please don’t take my word for it though!

br
    Free Member

M&S contents would cover it, they have a £4k limit per item.

RustyMac

I called M and S before getting my insurance through them, they were very helpfull. I wanted to check about storage in a shed and the guy I spoke to seemed to know alot about the policy and reasured me it would be ok and i would still get the same cover.

ncfenwick
    Free Member

Cheers for that, I have taken out a policy with M&S which covers me up to £4k. No approved locks or depreciation etc in the small print either.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Insurance for bike kept in communal store?’ is closed to new replies.