Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Insurance
  • Harry_the_Spider

Getting shafted on my insurance renewal. At the moment bikes are listed with the contents.

Is anybody insuring their bikes as separate items under their own policy, and who with?

schmiken

M&S. Fantastic.

Harry_the_Spider

M&S for house contents and bikes or just for the bikes?

Pieface

M&S are shafting us on our renewal with them (House, contents & bike).

Does anyone know of another good insurer of bikes (apart from CTC) I can use in case they don't reduce their quote after we threatento go elsewhere?

Marmoset
    Free Member

Try looking for a quote as a new customer on teh M&S site – sometime sit's cheaper – just cancel existing and buy the new quote – I did this a few years ago and last years renewal was very low.

And, I've just discovered this week that if you have away from home cover them accidental damage is also covered – I should hopefully have a new frame sometime soon, which was a result I wasn't exepcting when I found the damage….

Harry_the_Spider

M&S look the best so far. However the on-line price was nearly £200 less than the over the phone price!

Our current insurer won't cover a house built before 1850 or anything in it. Our new (old) house dates from 1810, but as far as I can tell has a full set of doors and windows, and the very fact that it has been around for 200 years would suggest that it is quite solid.

Arses to them. M&S here we come.

pdV6
    Free Member

I switched the house over to M&S a couple of years back, specifically to get the bikes covered.

Last month had to make use of the policy and, fair play to them, they just sorted it out straight away with no fuss (actually valued the bike at ~£100 more than I'd worked it out as!)

In conclusion, the price is right and the service is excellent.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Insurance’ is closed to new replies.