Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Insurance?
  • Rscott
    Free Member

So I have started to commute to work again after time off with injury, never had an issue before but feel its time i took it a bit more seriously.

What if i am injured and unable to work due to an accident?
    what if i damage someones car by hitting it?
    what if they damage my bike by hitting me? etc etc

I don’t race and am more than a capable mechanic but who should i be looking at for insurance for riding to and from work.

maccruiskeen

Why narrow your cover to anything that might happen during the small portion of your life when you’re on a bike and ignore the rest of your waking and sleeping life. Accidents take place in all sizes, shapes and occasion. (Speaking as someone who managed to put two nails through his foot this afternoon – its been a bit of a Frank Spencer day)

Just get a general purpose Personal Accident cover if you’re going to get cover at all.

glupton1976
    Free Member

You may even find that you are covered through your house insurance.

Rscott
    Free Member

I@m not a home owner or tenent at the min.

And I already have insurance for nearly everything else.but commuting by bike as this was going to up my premium to more than the likes of the BTC ride option.

Rscott
    Free Member

If i honest i Don’t know much about them I just did as I was told by my mum who used to sell Insurance through her work place.

I’m just worried about what will happen if i’m involved in an accident and non of my Incurance covers it.

For £28 the ride seems like a no brainer.But if there is better options out there then game on.

IanW
    Free Member

What if i am injured and unable to work due to an accident?

Not covered by british cycling ride membership.

what if i damage someones car by hitting it?

Yep, you’ll get that.

what if they damage my bike by hitting me? etc etc

Their insurance, should you catch em, have witnesses.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Insurance?’ is closed to new replies.