Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Instructional Videos for replacing handlebars.
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

My cousin is wanting to change the bars on his bike bit I’m not sure he knows what he is doing does anybody know of any good guide videos on how to do this so I can send him a link. I think it would be better for him to watch the video than have me talk him through it on the phone. Obviously it would be much better if I could show him in person but he lives too far away for that to be feasible.

Thanks

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oh I should probably add that all the ones I can find are just the replacement of the bars and not the grips brakes and shifters.

deviant
    Free Member

Did mine the other week, hard to mess up….he should be fine.
    Remove grips.
    Loosen brakes and gear clamps.
    Turn bars one direction and remove the brakes and gears from end closest to frame, if you try to do it with the bars straight the cables are usually too tight and prevent removal.
    Turn bars opposite way and remove brakes and gears from other end.
    Undo stem face plate bolts.
    Remove old bars.
    Fit new bars and replace stem face plate.
    Add brakes and gears in the reverse order they came off.
    Fit grips.

Done.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have told him how to do it but the fact that he said ‘my brakes, shifters and grips all fit on with the same bolt’ doesn’t give me any confidence.

P20
    wwaswas

maybe a laptop with a webcam in his garage and you talk him through it?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Laptop maybe not a bad idea.

The Park stuff looks ok, problem is I cant find anything that talks/video/photo the whole process with or without tips like hairspray on the grips.

vinnyeh

oops, thought this was going to be a troll 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Instructional Videos for replacing handlebars.’ is closed to new replies.