Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Instant Puncture repair kit – anyone tried it?
  • nelliefraser
    Free Member

null

Saw this advertised last week – any one tried it? Is it any good?

poly
    Free Member

Looks like “Park Patches” to me. Have used them many times, (as well as another brand which are “eliptical” rather than square and coloured (bright yellow). Of the two Park are slightly better IMHO but both do the job. In fact I’ve not repaired a puncture using the traditional method for about 5 or 6 years.

I recently removed a tube from my road bike that had 2 old style repairs on it from a long time ago. They were still sound. Realistically Park Patches wouldn’t have lasted as long as that – but its unusual for a tube to last me more than a couple of years anyway.

TiRed

Topeak Flypaper. Patches seem more flexible than Park patches, which had a habit of breaking down with time. Anyway I carry a set for when I have a second puncture and no second spare tube.

nicko74

Yes and no. Yes, it sticks like a very sticky thing, and is usually enough to get you home. But if you deflate your inner tube (say to swap tyres or inner tubes), it can go all wrinkly and unstick from the tube) at which point it stops being useful. I went back to the faffy type, with feathered edges etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Instant Puncture repair kit – anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.